Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susan_on

Wedding favour bags

susan_on
10 years ago

Sue, here is a pic of the bags I made for my daughter's wedding. Keep in mind she gave me only 3 months notice to have the wedding at our house, and I had to get the yard ready and make the wedding cake too...lol.

I bought satin with my Fabricland card for $5.00 a meter. Then I used the pinked blade for my rotary cutter (this is when I lost my washer) to cut them 4.5 inches wide. I can't remember how long I cut them, but I did have to trim them down because she wanted them to be "snugger". I would have liked to make bags that had the ribbon encased, but I really had no time. I stitched a piece of ribbon on the back and wrapped it around- someone started cutting the ribbon a little small for a bow, but we liked it this way well enough.

Inside are two custom chocolate squares. I have a chocolate tempering machine and I ordered two moulds- I think they are 2.5 inches each. My daughter made the chocolates and then put a calla lily sticker on the wrap to close the plastic. Anyway, one square says "Happily Ever After" and the other says "Melissa and Grant" in the same font as the bags and the same as the napkins. Someone I know thinks she might want these bags for her wedding, and she is planning to put customized M & M's in them.

Comments (11)