Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

A true scrappy.

nanajayne
9 years ago

Made this scrappy quilt trying to use up my stash and gave it to my SIL in July for her BD.
Wasn't anything special but it was fun to do. It is from a free pattern that came in the mail so no investment but time. lol

Comments (18)

• nannykins
    9 years ago

I love scrappies!
    Nice pattern Jayne. I am sure SIL loves it.
    Theresa

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Very nice! I made a much smaller version of the same pattern.

So, did you use up the stash? Somehow mine seems to regenerate no matter how many scrappy quilts I make. :)

Donna

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

That's a cool quilt! Love the scrappiness of it! TFS! I am going to have to bookmark this.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Bright and fun quilt... Nice!!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

That's a great pattern for a scrappy. Great job.....as always. :-)

SharonG/FL

• loisflan
    9 years ago

That's a really great scrappy quilt, Jayne. I love the control of the blue/white pinwheels and the randomness of the 16 patch blocks. What size did your blocks finish at - 8"? Very nice work.

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I love the way you pulled the scrappy together with the blue and light outer edges. It looks great. Love this pattern.

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

It's great. I'm learning from all of you about how to pull together a scrappy quilt.
    LindaB/CA

• grammyp
    9 years ago

I love that pattern! I'm cutting my scraps up into 2 1/2 inch squares to make me one.

beverly

• teresa_nc7
    9 years ago

Oh wow! Super scrappy and so beautiful! Love it!

Teresa

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Very scrappy but the blues tie it all together so even this non-scrappy person finds it attractive and charming. I like to look at scrappy, but I don't like doing it. However, I think I could do this one because of the blue/white bits. There might be hope for me in the scrappy world... as long as I don't have to include a block with You-Know-Who and her big floppy hat.

Kate

• ritaweeda
    9 years ago

Love it! But then I love scrappy. The one I'm doing right now isn't scrappy and I miss all the different fabrics.

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I'm totally with Kate on this! She must have been reading my mind!

Lois, I totally didn't 'see' the pinwheels. I sat and looked at the block and thought that a 4-patch was put together with two triangles to create 1/4th of the block. The pinwheels make it so much easier! lol

It's a great looking quilt.

• buteau3rd
    9 years ago

Flying geese pulling it together? I do like the idea!

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for your comments...
    Lois, It was an 8' block as I remember. I changed the color way they used to my liking.. The pinwheels were very scrappy as well as the squares and WAY too busy so I settled on the blue and tan to tie it together.
    And No I didn't use up my stash... maybe in my next life time.
    My daughter always helps me lay out the blocks and she has a good eye for balance.

• bev2009
    9 years ago

I love scrappy and your quilt is wonderful. I didn't notice the pinwheel until I looked at the bottom row and then it jumped out at me. Controlled scrappy.

• polardream
    9 years ago

Love it and I have a hard time with doing scrappy! The blue/white give it a "controlled" look that I could do!!! I also missed the pinwheels and thought the same as Jennifer that it had triangles to make the block. I am going to bookmark this one also - someday the scraps may disappear .... someday!

Sue

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

I immediately saw the pinwheels -- maybe because I love pinwheels. You did a wonderful job controlling the 'true scrappy' with the blues & tan. Great looking quilt.
    Your daughter has a good eye - lucky you - laying out the blocks is my hardest decisions.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH