Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piece of Cake - Linda (lindaOH) - Oct. 7

Posted by sandlapper_rose (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 19:29

This is the place for posting when you mail your birthday block to Linda and for her to let us know when they are received.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piece of Cake - Linda (lindaOH) - Oct. 7

Linda, I have a LOT of 1930's left over from my big quilt. Is there any particular color or theme you would like? I might have it!

Kate

o

Kate, any color will be fine. I want a variety of different colored blocks. I will probably border it in green or blue. I will decide when I see the blocks. Thanks for asking!
Linda OH

o

Bump!
Kristene

o

Linda - I mailed your BD block today. It should be there in a few days. Hope you like it!

o

Linda, I am mailing your block in the morning.
Sue

o

I will let both of you know when they arrive. Thank you!
Linda OH

o

Your block from me is going in the mail today.

Teresa

o

Marsha, I received the block today. Perfect! Thanks for the extra fabric too.
Linda OH

o

Linda,
I'm ashamed I don't have your block done yet, but I WILL get to it this weekend and get it sent early next week. Hopefully it will get to you before (or ON) your birthday. I had good intentions to get the October blocks done a couple weeks ago but then we tore up the office to put new flooring in and my sewing room became the storage room instead!

Kate

o

Teresa, your block arrived today. I am opening them as they arrive. I love these blocks and the fabrics. It will make a nice quilt.
Linda

o

Linda, I finished your block today and will be mailing it tomorrow. It should arrive in time for your birthday!

Kate

o

Linda, I mailed your block this morning. Hope it arrives on time!

Kay

o

The fabric that I ordered for your block arrived today and I made it as soon as I washed and dried the fabric. I'll be sure to mail it tomorrow and maybe it will make it to you in time!
Jeanne

o

Two more blocks today! Thank you Cindy and Sue. This is going to be a great quilt.
Linda OH

o

I have your block done! I just need to get to the post office!

o

i put your block in the mail today. hopefully it won't be late.

o

Linda I mailed you block today. Hope you have a great birthday.
darlene

o

mailed today!

o

Two more beautiful blocks arrived today! Thank you Kay and Andrea.
Linda OH

o

hello
sorry it is late but my block in finaly on the way.
I hope you like it
michelle

o

Three more blocks arrived today. Thank you Jeanne, Virginia, and Darlene. I'm lovin' this!
Linda OH

o

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Linda
Happy Birthday to You!!!!

On behalf of all the quilters in the Birthday Block Exchange, you are our Quilting Queen for the Day! Let's celebrate by having a lovely piece of cake!

Photobucket

Kristene

o

Happy birthday!

o

Have a wonderful birthday, Linda.

o

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I received blocks from two more people today. Thank you Kate and Michell!
Linda OH

o

Yea! I'm so glad it got there on your birthday!

Kate

o

So glad you got your block before your birthday. Sooo... Happy Birthday to you!!

o

Another block arrived today. Thank you Patti. I now have all the blocks. Thank you everyone for the beautiful blocks. I am going to make a few more so I can make a square quilt. This will be a beautiful baby quilt for my first grandchild due in March.
Linda OH

o

Wow! How cool to have our blocks used for something so personal! I'm glad your friends could contribute. :~))

o

Fantastic effort from eveyone in this group to have all of Linda's blocks arrive on time for her birthday. Well done.

Kristene

o

I finished putting the border on my birthday blocks quilt today. I am washing the bleached muslin that I will use for the backing. I plan to load it on the frame as soon as it dries and I iron the fabric.
Thank you to everyone for the great blocks. I love the quilt! I made a few more blocks so I could make it square (4X4 blocks).
I plan to keep this at my house to use when our grandbaby comes to visit. He will be born in March 2012.
Thanks again to everyone who made a block.
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of quilt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here