Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Piece of Cake - Linda (lindaOH) - Oct. 7

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

This is the place for posting when you mail your birthday block to Linda and for her to let us know when they are received.

Comments (31)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Linda, I have a LOT of 1930's left over from my big quilt. Is there any particular color or theme you would like? I might have it!

Kate

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Kate, any color will be fine. I want a variety of different colored blocks. I will probably border it in green or blue. I will decide when I see the blocks. Thanks for asking!
    Linda OH

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Bump!
    Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Linda - I mailed your BD block today. It should be there in a few days. Hope you like it!

• polardream
    12 years ago

Linda, I am mailing your block in the morning.
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

I will let both of you know when they arrive. Thank you!
    Linda OH

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Your block from me is going in the mail today.

Teresa

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Marsha, I received the block today. Perfect! Thanks for the extra fabric too.
    Linda OH

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Linda,
    I'm ashamed I don't have your block done yet, but I WILL get to it this weekend and get it sent early next week. Hopefully it will get to you before (or ON) your birthday. I had good intentions to get the October blocks done a couple weeks ago but then we tore up the office to put new flooring in and my sewing room became the storage room instead!

Kate

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Teresa, your block arrived today. I am opening them as they arrive. I love these blocks and the fabrics. It will make a nice quilt.
    Linda

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Linda, I finished your block today and will be mailing it tomorrow. It should arrive in time for your birthday!

Kate

• User
    12 years ago

Linda, I mailed your block this morning. Hope it arrives on time!

Kay

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The fabric that I ordered for your block arrived today and I made it as soon as I washed and dried the fabric. I'll be sure to mail it tomorrow and maybe it will make it to you in time!
    Jeanne

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Two more blocks today! Thank you Cindy and Sue. This is going to be a great quilt.
    Linda OH

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

I have your block done! I just need to get to the post office!

• patti60
    12 years ago

i put your block in the mail today. hopefully it won't be late.

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Linda I mailed you block today. Hope you have a great birthday.
    darlene

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

mailed today!

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Two more beautiful blocks arrived today! Thank you Kay and Andrea.
    Linda OH

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    sorry it is late but my block in finaly on the way.
    I hope you like it
    michelle

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Three more blocks arrived today. Thank you Jeanne, Virginia, and Darlene. I'm lovin' this!
    Linda OH

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Linda
    Happy Birthday to You!!!!

On behalf of all the quilters in the Birthday Block Exchange, you are our Quilting Queen for the Day! Let's celebrate by having a lovely piece of cake!

Kristene

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Happy birthday!

• gininmn
    12 years ago

Have a wonderful birthday, Linda.

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I received blocks from two more people today. Thank you Kate and Michell!
    Linda OH

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Yea! I'm so glad it got there on your birthday!

Kate

• chickie1
    12 years ago

So glad you got your block before your birthday. Sooo... Happy Birthday to you!!

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Another block arrived today. Thank you Patti. I now have all the blocks. Thank you everyone for the beautiful blocks. I am going to make a few more so I can make a square quilt. This will be a beautiful baby quilt for my first grandchild due in March.
    Linda OH

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Wow! How cool to have our blocks used for something so personal! I'm glad your friends could contribute. :~))

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Fantastic effort from eveyone in this group to have all of Linda's blocks arrive on time for her birthday. Well done.

Kristene

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

I finished putting the border on my birthday blocks quilt today. I am washing the bleached muslin that I will use for the backing. I plan to load it on the frame as soon as it dries and I iron the fabric.
    Thank you to everyone for the great blocks. I love the quilt! I made a few more blocks so I could make it square (4X4 blocks).
    I plan to keep this at my house to use when our grandbaby comes to visit. He will be born in March 2012.
    Thanks again to everyone who made a block.
    Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of quilt