Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilt show_ Philadelphia

Posted by littlehelen (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 19:25

My friend and I are heading to the Philadelphia PA quilt show on Friday. We did not register or plan on taking any of the classes offered, but only to stroll around looking at the amazing work of others and of course shop. We've never been to a quilt show larger than the one Lancaster PA and found that to be enjoyable, but it could be done in less than a full day. We were thinking of staying over night and going Fri and Sat., but I'm having second thoughts about the over night. Anyone ever been or have an opinion if there is enough to see that would consume more than one day at the show? We have hotel reservations, but I'm happy to cancel and spend the $'s or more fabric :-) but that's me.
Your input is very welcomed...
V.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilt show_ Philadelphia

If you plan on closely examining each quilt in the show and also check out each vendor, you would probably need more than one day. I've never gone to a large quilt show, but have friends you have and they've enjoyed the extra time.....at least you don't feel rushed to see everything in one day. But, if you see something you can't live without, buy it and forget the overnight. Have fun!

SharonG/FL

o

If I weren't taking vacation days to use for the retreat I would be flying up to join you! Have fun and make some impulse buys!

o

Nothing to offer except make a bumper sticker that reads "WARNING--WE SLAM ON BRAKES FOR BATIKS SOLD OUTTA OLD RUSTY PICKUPS!" LOLOLOL
Have a great time. Think about taking a workshop with a 'famous' instructor. Take your time & have lots of fun!

o

thanks all for your feed back...I've decided to go for the overnight so we can drive through Lancaster on the way home...looking for that OLD RUSTY TRUCK FILLED W/ BATIKS!!!
Ladies...next time in the area we need to cruise all the shops in Lancaster...I went on line and there are dozens!

o

It's a deal!

I need a t-shirt that says "Cruisin' for Batiks".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here