Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Piece of Cake - Darlene (chickie1) - Oct. 30

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

This is the place to post when you mail your birthday block to Darlene and for her to let us know when they are received.

Comments (31)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Darlene,
    I've had trouble finding unbleached muslin. I'm going to a quilt show on Sept 24th so I'm hoping to get your unbleached muslin there, but if I can't find it would it be OK to use a similar colored Kona solid?

Kate

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Bump!
    Kristene

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

bump...

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Darlene, I have your block done and will be mailing it tomorrow. I found the unbleached muslin so I think this block turned out to be what you want. The tan muslin and dark scrappy pieces look great together!

Kate

• User
    12 years ago

Mine went out this morning to you as well. Echoing Kate's message.. I really like that combination.

Kay

• polardream
    12 years ago

I mailed your block this morning. Your choice is great - love the combination!
    Sue

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Sue, Kay and Kate,
    Thank you ahead of time. I can't wait to see my blocks!
    Darlene

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    I got mine done finaly
    it is on the way
    Happy Birthday
    michelle

• chickie1
    12 years ago

WooHoo! I have received three blocks this week. I love them. Thank you Kate,Kay and Sue.
    Darlene

• chickie1
    12 years ago

I received another block yesterday. Thank you Pattie!
    Darlene

• patti60
    12 years ago

glad you got your block, unable to post i had sent it. i,m posting at my mom's.

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Darlene, I mailed your block this morning. Happy Birthday!
    Linda OH

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Your block is going in the mail today!

Teresa

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Darlene~I mailed your Bday block today. Hope yo like it :)

• chickie1
    12 years ago

I love going to the mailbox these days. I received 2 more birthday blocks yesterday. So now I have received blocks from:
    Linda
    Marsha
    Kay
    Kate
    Sue
    Teresa
    Pattie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Darlene,
    I had a little delay here because I did not have any unbleached muslin on hand. I stopped to get some yesterday, washed it, and got your block made. I will mail it out today or tomrrow. I think it will still reach you in time... Hope! Hope!
    Jeanne

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Bumping back to page 1
    Kristene

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Darlene,
    Happy Birthday to you!

On behalf of all the quilters in the Birthday Block Exchange,

Kristene

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Darlene!
    Let us know which quilt blocks you have received when you get back online.
    Hope it's a wonderful day for you.
    Jeanne

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Happy birthday!

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

Hi Darlene,

I am sooo sorry. This month has been chaotic. I have your block made (finally!) I just have to make it to the post office. Hope you have a great birthday!

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Darlene~hope you are out celebrating!

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Darlene,

I mailed your blocks over the weekend. They may arrive late due to the fact that I wasn't thrilled w/the 1st one so I made another. 2nd one turned out much better! but I sent both anyway. Maybe you can finagle the 1st one to fit w/the others :)

I see you haven't posted in awhile either - hope it's because you're away on a fun vacation & not internet difficulties (like me) Hope your birthday was extra special!!

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I have been soooo busy. Last Saturday, Oct 29 my daughter got married. Needless to say last week was very busy. Then the day of the wedding we had terrible winds and cold weather that the tents blew over and we had to move the wedding to my house. The wedding party jumped into gear and turned a large boat garage into a beautiful reception hall. They got married under the oak tree in my grandmother's back yard. Very happy couple that danced until midnight.
    So back online and I have received beautiful blocks from these people:
    Jeanne Cindy Marsha Kate Kay Susan Theresa
    Patty Linda
    Hopefully the other three are in the mail. Thank you girls. Plan to lay out the ones I received this weekend and post a pic of them.
    Darlene

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, Darlene, you had quite an eventful birthday weekend! Sorry about the bad weather for the wedding day, but it sounds like it turned out lovely anyway.
    I'm glad most of your blocks have made it to you and I'll keep a watch to make sure the others arrive.
    Jeanne

• chickie1
    12 years ago

With all the excitement and activity in my house during the wedding, i misplaced my block from Andrea. Thank you so much. And yes I like the colors. I like the colors from everyone.
    Darlene

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    I sent mine a month ago
    are you sure you didnt get it?
    it should have been there along time ago.
    michelle

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Michelle, I have checked several times and I don't have it. I'm sorry it didn't reach me.

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

Hi
    Ok I will see if I still have the info and will do another when I have time.
    I'm so busy it may take a wile.
    Just in case I can't find the info what was the block and colors?
    Thanks
    Michelle

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Michelle,
    i sent you an email.

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Virginia I got your block on Tuesday! It's looks great. Thanks so much. To everyone in Piece of Cake Birthday Block Thank you so much. I plan to post a pic of my blocks when things calm down around here. Will that happen soon? who knows.