Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linda Ruzicka's Grand-daughter's Quilt

Posted by quiltingfox (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 29, 10 at 18:35

Linda Ruzicka just became a grandma and so GW Dan_the_mailman, GW Chrizty, and I all worked together and made a quilt for her new grand-daughter. It's a floral print patchwork 9-patch quilt. Finished blocks measured 9 inches each containing 9 3 inch blocks. And we added flower appliques to it to make it really girly. We had a lot fun emailing each other coordinating the details of the quilt. It was a great group project which I learned a lot from.

Congratulations Linda!!!! :-)

Photobucket

Best to you and congrats!!,
Sandra aka quiltingfox

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linda Ruzicka's Grand-daughter's Quilt

Amen to everything Sandra said!

o

What a nice idea! Great quilt folks!

Teresa

o

Many hands make light work.....or something like that. Good job! How did you split it up? One person make the blocks another sewed them together and another did the backing and quilting?

SharonG/FL-IN

o

Congratulations, Linda!! And what a lucky little girl. Great job, everyone.

Robbi

o

Congrats Linda, and nice job everyone. That is a lovely girls quilt. The little flowers are a great touch.

beverly

o

What a fun girly quilt!

o

Geezerfolks here is how we made the quilt. Everyone made blocks and sent extra fabric to me so I could make the applique flowers. Then I appliqued and quilted it up. I am a stay at home mom and Dan and Chrizty both work, so I had more free time, so I quilted it up. But was a combined effort from everyone. Lots of emails with pictures went back and forth between all of us to help me figure the layout of the quilt. We started organizing the project at the end of June. Everyone mailed their blocks to me by August. And we had it quilted and finished early September It was truly a group project from start to finish. We had a lot of fun with this project. :-) We are all happy that Linda loves it. :-)

Best to you,
Sandra aka quiltingfox

o

Nice thought and effort. I am sure she was thrilled and the new baby will have a lovely cuddlie. TFS Jayne

o

Congrats!!! Where are the pics of the beautiful baby girl laying on her gorgeous girly quilt??????????????
Rosa

o

What an adorable quilt! & what great friends!! You all showed Linda a special love w/the making of this quilt - I'm sure she'll treasure it always:)

o

very sweet & thoughtful!
Sue/polardream

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here