Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charity quilts 6 & 7

Posted by bev2009 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 18:08

Needed to take a break from sewing, so thought I would catch up and post next two finished quilts for the children's home. One broken FMQ foot (cheap freebie thrown in when I bought my machine) to report but lots more learned and my FMQ skills are improving.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charity quilts 6 & 7

What a terrific way to learn and improve your skills! You are so generous. I wonder ~ how many hours you have spent on this charitable project?
You will be bringing smiles to many children.
Thanks for sharing your quilts with us.

o

Great use of time and fabric! And practice makes perfect too.

o

They are great! Congratulations!

Donna

o

Very nice job! They are both beautiful, but I especially like the 2nd one... how sweet of you to do that... How did you manage to break your foot? :o)

o

Thank you everyone. I have had help. Another lady was piecing as fast as I could cut! I'm not sure what made the foot break. All of a sudden the needle stopped because a plastic piece had cracked and then bent the unit, which the needle then hit. High quality needle though, it didn't break and is still going strong. I couldn't believe it.

Some of the Seeds N Stitches gang might recognize fat quarters they had swapped with me. LOL Just finished another and will post pictures, probably when they are all done this week.

o

I think they look great Bev.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Bev, What a great project! What size squares are you using? It looks like the quilts are about twin bed sized - perfect for the children in Africa. They will be wrapped in your love. TFS
Sue

o

Those are 8" squares. These two quilts are the same size, but the others all seem to vary, but that's ok because the kids are all different sizes too. LOL The kids used to just sleep on a very thin pallet on the floor, but they now have beds with about a 3" mattress, no box springs. If they don't need the quilt to cover with, they will fold it to sleep on and provide extra cushioning. I figure the larger quilts are good to in case the mom's with AIDS are ill, they can use the quilt too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here