Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the light just came on....duh!

Posted by casi (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 17:40

It suddenly came to me as I was staring at my king size quilt blocks, trying to figure out how to add more border cause it just isn't getting big enough in the right places.... I did my (12 in blocks) 6 by 5 the wrong way!! I did it 6 long and 5 wide. When I turned it then it looks right. The only thing is that I have these stupid hearts that when I arranged the blocks I made sure that the hearts were facing the correct way for the most part! Oh meeeeeee. I think that I'm just going to leave it. I'm not going to tear those blocks out!!! This has definitely been a learning experience!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the light just came on....duh!

I'm not sure I can visualize exactly what went wrong. If you post a picture maybe someone here will have an idea which will incorporate your "mistake" and make it look like part of the plan.

o

Casi, I know you've already made a lot of blocks but if you want to keep the hearts oriented the right way why not add another row to make it 6x6?

Kate

o

Casi I try really hard not to have a right or wrong direction for my quilt blocks.

You can't always do that but it sure makes my life easier lol!

o

Kate, I'm out of my main fabric pretty much! A lot of the blocks the hearts run every which way, it was just on a few that I definitely had a right way and a wrong way....guess they will just blend in. I'm probably the only one that it will bother. This quilt will go in an extra bedroom and we rarely have company anyway. It is just aggravating!

o

casi, make it easy on yourself and rotate the quilt, add the border and get it done!!! You will be very proud of it, even with the hearts not facing the direction you intended. Depending on where you stand in the room~the hearts will be facing the right way :). You've done a great job on your quilt. You've made a mistake that only you will notice (yes, it would bug me!) but, others are only going to see the beauty.

o

thanks Mag!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here