Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Retreat checking in as I return home

jackier123
10 years ago

Had a wonderful time at retreat! Just got home and wanted to start a thread for those of us who attended to check in letting everyone know we got home safely.

Jackie

Comments (9)

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Kate and I arrived back safe and sound ( we think). Did you know most quilt shops in Virginia are closed on Sunday....Kate had internet access in the car and spent considerable time searching for quilt shops en route. We finally found one in Frederick...yes we stopped and shop....yes more fabric!!!
    Safe travels to all... It was a great time!

• justamomofsix
    10 years ago

Jennifer and I made it home safe and sound.
    I had a great time as always! Hope to see everyone again next year!

Katherine

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Just got home and had pork chop and home made biscuits waiting on me.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I made it home safely! Thank you Teresa for the rides.
    Barbecue Ribs & chicken for dinner -- like I was in NC!
    I have decided I am a victim of TSA "Quilter Profiling"---
    each airport -- this one was the worse --- I hope my brand new spanking machine still works after TSA man handled it - um - oh, I mean - 'inspected it' --- I now know why they say get there 2 hours early!

It was a great time as always. We have the most wonderful people attending -- all willing to share ideas and techniques & learn from each other. I always leave so inspired and with so much respect & admiration for my fellow quilters and quilters.

Thank you for another memorable Retreat.

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

Sorry I didn't check in earlier. I was so busy when I got home on Sunday, and today was a bad day at work trying to get caught up. Maybe the rest of the week will slow down? Not gonna happen, I'm afraid....

On a side note, I met the family at a restaurant in Knoxville on my way home and I got there first and they had me step outside to "show me something". Check out the new family addition. His name is Jasper and he's part sheltie and miniature collie? He's about 6 weeks old and cute as can be! The kids are constantly fighting over who is going to hold him.

Robbi

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Aaaah! Cute!
    Was that a welcome home gift?
    Theresa

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

So adorable....love his name! Congrats on the addition!

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Cute puppy! Shelties are the BEST!

Marsha, I had my own problems with TSA this time: the zipper on my checked suitcase was so damaged I had to cut my bag open! It was old and needed replacing anyway so I'm not terribly surprised.

Kate

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Robbie, love the pup. I've noticed you now have another? You brave woman.

beverly