Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_c_gw

Another baby quilt

mary_c_gw
10 years ago

This one is also bright. I started it, then I began to hate it. I just wasn't in love with the rectangles, LOL. But it grew on me as it neared completion.

I also made it larger than I usually do, so I had to piece something for the backing. I think it's my favorite part.

It doesn't have a home yet, but I like to have a few in reserve.

Oh, and if you look closely, you might be able to see some puffiness - no fabrics were pre-washed, and the batting was a lofty polyester.

Top:

Back:

Closeup:

Comments (15)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Like it. It seems, the brighter, the better for baby.
    Theresa

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I think it's a beautiful quilt and would be great for a boy or for a girl. Congrats on finishing it and thanks for sharing pics of it with us.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• polardream
    10 years ago

I agree - the brighter the better! It is really sweet and will be a welcome addition to whoever the lucky recipient is!
    Sue

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

What lovely colors. I also like your back. Good job as usual.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Good choice of fabrics and nicely balanced. I am fond of your treatment for the back and it could be reversible without any trouble. Nicely done. TFS

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

You have a winner there, Mary. Great quilt and a nice size!

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Love the bright colors, and your quilting! The back is really nice.
    V.

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

It is a happy quilt! Love the colors and simplicity of the rectangles. Nice quilting and thread color choice. I always like the interesting pieced backs!
    This will make a sweet gift.

• mary_c_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

I've always been too lazy to add piecing to the backing. It's just really fussy to get everything all lined up on a long-arm. So I decided to put that strip off-center, and not to worry about what was trimmed off the top and bottom block.

• calliope
    10 years ago

It's exactly the kind of quilt a little one grows with. It will hold their attention, it will be appropriate to cuddle with at five without it looking babyish and kids like the brightness. It's a 'happy' quilt. I've been making it a point not to make the usual very baby-ish baby quilts. They're sweet and precious, but I know mothers who hide away quilts once they clash with a nursery-turned-child's room. Quilts for little people are to be used and loved. I particularly love that quilt design.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Mary, it's lovely! I love your bright colors and pieced backing.

Donna

• loisflan
    10 years ago

What fun fabrics. A great child's quilt. And I really like your backing. I have to try that next time. It really adds a lot.

• fran1523
    10 years ago

That is really cute and is looks like a great stash buster as well.

• lola99
    10 years ago

oh, I like it too. I am generally attracted to bright quilts and I agree with the other comments that this will be a nice quilt for a baby as well as for the child that the baby turns into. I like the swirls that you quilted.

• Vanislegirl88
    10 years ago

I really like this. Great way to use up leftover pieces.. I like brights too.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz