micyrey

Row, Row, Row your Quilt.....

Michelle Reynolds
12 years ago

Hello

I know many of us are still awaiting the return of their projects

From the last round, but I would like to work with another group and

Hope mine finds it's way home.

This would be a small group just 5 or 6 max.

You can do row or round robin so it will be a mixed group.

1. Michelle/micyrey. ..... round robin

Just post your name and row or round

Michelle

Comments (138)

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Marie, I mailed your quilt top to you today. They said it would take about 6 days to get there so we'll see how accurate the estimate is. I think you are going to love it - I hope so anyway!
    Jackie, don't feel rushed on finishing mine. I know you will get to it as soon as you can.
    Now we are going to have to decide what to do about opening packages, posting pictures, etc.
    Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hello
    I finished jackie's last round
    I will try to get it in the mail tomarrow.
    are we waiting to open them, or opening them when we get them?
    michelle

• wynative
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I received my package today : ) I have not opened it yet because I was not sure if we are opening them all together. Also I still have some work to do on the one I have and didn't think it fair since I wasn't finished with my part yet.

Marie

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Jeanne,

I am mailing your package tomorrow. This has been great!

Jackie

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Jackie -
    That is an especially nice Valentine's Day surprise! I have been sick for a week now and haven't done much of anything. My husband and I are delaying going out to eat for Valentine's Day until I feel a little bit better. That sort of dampened my Valentine holiday spirit, but you can't enjoy going out to eat much when you nose can't smell the food and you have to cough over and over again.
    Hooray for my quilt top being on the way!
    Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jackie your package is on the way, I have a dc# so let me know if it is not there in a few days
    michelle

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Michelle,

Your quilt will be on it's way home tomorrow. :) It should be there Tuesday after the President's Day holiday on Monday for sure, if not on Saturday. I will get DC# so you can track it.

It has been a pleasure to work on everyone's quilt!

Dee

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Jeanne,

The DC number for your package is: 0311 0820 0002 2388 6718

Jackie

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

My quilt top arrived today! I'm not saying if I opened it or not. LOL
    Will post a picture whenever it's time.
    Jeanne

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Mine arrived today also.

Jackie

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello
    I got my center and all your rounds back.
    Dose everyone have there's?
    Are we waiting to open them?
    Michelle

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Pictures, Row'Row'Rowers! We want pictures!!!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Mine is not home yet. I think Marie is finishing up so should be soon.

Glad your's arrived home safe, Michelle.

Dee

• wynative
    12 years ago

Dee,
    I just finished yours this morning - sorry it took so long : ( But I am sure you will be pleased - It is BEAUTIFUL!! I will post conformation directly to you when I get it this afternoon.

Marie

• faintheart
    12 years ago

It's here, it's here!!! Thanks, Marie. When can we open? I am REALLY tempted! Is everyone around? hmmmmmm???

Dee

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I am ready whenever you guys are!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

I am hyper....it's either the snow/ice storm coming or waiting to open this package I keep staring at! LOL

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Ready and eager to see pictures!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

I keep checking to see when we can have the big grand opening.

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I am hanging in here with you. I hope it is soon. I am out of town starting Friday for most of March.

Jackie

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Jackie, if it is okay with everyone, I suggest we post our pictures of our quilt tops tomorrow. March 1 sounds like a good reveal date - at least it does to me. We sure don't want to do it without you.
    What do you think?
    Jeanne

• faintheart
    12 years ago

I just sent an email to Marie and Michelle. Maybe they haven't popped in on the board in a few days. I am fine with as soon as possible! lol Jackie needs to open hers before her trip for sure.

Dee

• wynative
    12 years ago

Sorry to be late :( Busy, busy with school work... But yes I am ready to open! I will check tomorrow to see if it's okay.
    Marie

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I will post mine when I get home from work this afternoon.

Jackie

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

This is exciting!!!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Michelle emailed and said she would
    online tonight so it's a go! I am excited too!

I will check in after work. Maybe first one can start a new post as this is getting pretty long with lots of scrolling.

Dee

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

A message thread can go to 150 individual posts so there's still room on this one, but if you do start a new one, please remember to put a link here to get to the new thread and one on the new thread so people can refer back to this one.

• lola99
    12 years ago

Oh, I can't wait and I'm not even in this RR. I really enjoyed the one I participated in and I'm very excited for all of you to open your tops tonight!

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Now I don't know about the rest in the robin, but mine is appearing on here today - the great reveal:

It began like this

and here it is now

The outside border is hard to see because it hangs off the bed so here is a closer up picture showing that (with my comforter peaking out under the edges - sorry...)

I can't possibly express my thanks to everyone who worked on it! I know a lot of thought and a lot of hours of work went into this. The colors are beautiful - it is beautiful. Hopefully I will keep moving along with it and have a completed quilt soon. I think I will take it to a long arm quilter so the quilting will be as nice as the piecing is.

Someone else now - time for another picture!

Jeanne

• bozogardener
    12 years ago

Jeanne-What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure you'll treasure it.

Kudos to all of you doing this again after the last one. An amazing show of faith!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Jeanne, The girls did an excellent job of maintaining the theme of your center block! I like the block used in the green border.

Good job everyone!

SharonG/FL

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Here is mine. All I asked for were bright colors and I sure got them. I think this will make a nice little girl quilt. I have not decided if I will add more to it or just leave it as it is.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Oh Jeanne, what a great start to the picture posting! Thanks for including a picture of your original square. Everyone did a fabulous job with colors and theme.

Kate

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Looking great!!! Everyone did a wonderful job. I can tell alot of thought went into each of the rounds.

I am anxious to see the others.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Jackie, Ask and you shall receive! That would be a great quilt to bring out when the doldrums show up! It would surely bring out a smile! Is the very narrow border like piping?

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Jackie,
    I hadn't seen yours when I posted! Wow, what a mood booster! Makes me smile to look at it!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Ohhhhhhh my goodness!!! I've just opened mine. I couldn't be happier! :))) All of you have taken this block that I second guessed sending on and transformed it into such a beautiful quilt!!!! Thank you to each one of you for your artistic contributions!

This center block

has been transformed into this quilt :)

I love it! Dee

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

What fun to see how other quilters develop your ideas.
    All beautiful quilts ladies!

Mary

• bozogardener
    12 years ago

Spectacular!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

WOW, this is great, See didn't you say you could post a pick for me? I just love all the rounds. You all did such great work, I'm not gonna add anything to it I think it is purfect :-). Great size for a wall hanging.
    Thank you all
    HUGGS
    Michelle
    PS photo to fallow

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Michelle's center

became this quilt. :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks for posting the pick.

Dosent it look like a stained glass window?
    I'll do a black binding to finnish the stained glass apperance.
    I just love it.

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Beautiful Michelle....when I first saw the picture I said to myself it looks like a stained glass window!

• wynative
    12 years ago

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine! Thanks so much ladies : )
    Starting center:
    {{!gwi}}
    End results:
    {{!gwi}}
    Every round is perfect for my whimsical Christmas quilt : )

• lola99
    12 years ago

Nice job everyone! They are all so unique and fun. You all should be proud of yourselves.

• faintheart
    12 years ago

It is as much fun to see how each quilt progressed as it was to work on them. Each of our quilts are so different, yet all fantastic!! I would be thrilled to have any one of them. This was a wonderful experience and I thank you all for your time spent and beautiful work. Enjoy! :)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Those are all just great. You did such a good job, all of you, and we appreciate your showing them to the rest of us who couldn't manage it. Thank you.

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

All the quilts are wonderful! Good job ladies!
    Linda OH

• loisflan
    12 years ago

What terrific quilts! Very creative. I can see that the RR format would really broaden your quilting horizons. How fun.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Wonderful quilts! Definitely worth the wait! I'm so glad you all had fun and all ended up with beautiful quilts.

Kate

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts