o
Row, Row, Row your Quilt.....

Posted by micyrey (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 16:14

Hello
I know many of us are still awaiting the return of their projects
From the last round, but I would like to work with another group and
Hope mine finds it's way home.
This would be a small group just 5 or 6 max.

You can do row or round robin so it will be a mixed group.

1. Michelle/micyrey. ..... round robin

Just post your name and row or round

Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Row, Row, Row your Quilt.....

I would love to join Michelle!

Round for me :)

Marie

o

I would love to join in. Round for me.

Jackie

o

Round Robin for me!

I have never done one before so I am happy you are planning this, Michelle!

Jeanne

o
RE: Round Robin Row, Row, Row your Quilt.....

Michelle,
I guess you will send us some guidelines on what size the center should be, time to complete each row, etc. Can you tell I am excited? LOL
Jeanne

o

I won't be participating this time but I'm so glad you are doing another Robin! They are tremendous fun and spark so much creativity.

Can I offer a couple suggestions? These are the things that can be so important when making quilt pieces that are to be worked on by several people. (You can ignore them if you want; they are just suggestions.)
1. Be accurate in your measurements. Something a little bit wonky in a center or early round will be really difficult to manage as the quilt gets more and more borders added on!
2. Be REALLY accurate in your seam allowances! Keep everything to 1/4". Same reason as above.
3. Be a buddy to the person you are sending the round to next and iron those seam allowances down so it's nice and neat when it arrives.
4. As you add a round, think about the outside dimension. A size that's divisible by 3" or 4" or some even number makes it easier for the next person to add blocks. This isn't critical because they can always add a plain border to get the size they want, but it should be considered.
5. Have fun! Don't stress. Realize that what you get back may not be what you would have done and roll with it. The surprises are half the fun!

Kate

o

hello
thanks for the pointers kate, they are always appritiated.
so sofar we have
1. michelle/micyrey round
2. marie/wynative round
3. jackie/jackie123 round
4. jeanne/sandlapperose round

well I'll give it a few days and see if we can get one more player. 5 should be the max or else the top gets very big and too much work
as far as the starting size for the center I think 18inches was the max, starting too big means the person doing the last round has to do a very large border.
please send a small note with your center that will fallow it along to all players with any special instructions and your GW name, name, and address.
and add a squaire of muslin for each player to sign in water-proof fabric pen to be added to the back of your quilt when done.
is 3 weeks enough time for everyone to get their center done? that would have us sending to our partners around oct 12th.

please send ME and email with
name
GW name
address
phone# I promis I will not give it out but if you dont want to it is ok.

I think that is all
any questions just let me know
michelle

o

Ohhhhhh, I have been watching round robins and really wanting to hop in so here goes....hop hop hop!

I would love to join, Michelle. Round for me as well. This is going to be so much fun!

Dee

o

Wahoo! I will start mine this weekend -right after homework and a mystery swap I am in LOL

Are we letting everyone know what to expect from each block - theme wise?

Marie

o

I had so much fun with the Round Robin group last year & love my quilt (our group was AWESOME!!!) and wish I could join this group but have to just watch this year. We are going to leave on a 3-1/2 month motor home trip to Mexico in December so I will be sans-sewing machine (or mailing address) until April and I would hate to hold up the works. I will have my computer & will be checking on your progress. Good luck with your rounds!
Sue

o

Hello
Well deanna is our 5th so this one is closed.
Everyone is more than welcome to post the themes they
Will be doing.
I'm still not sure what I'm doing yet.
Thanks everyone
Michelle

o

1. michelle/micyrey round
2. marie/wynative round
3. jackie/jackie123 round
4. jeanne/sandlapperose round
5. dee/faintheart round

ok this is our line up, once Ihave all the address I will for a ship to list. ok I called this row row row and we are all doing rounds.
dose anyone want to re name our little group?

my ideas for this one are red, white and blue scrappy, or micyrey's flower garden. I will look into my stash and decide next week.
happy quilting
michelle

o

Sticking my nose in here because I'm not in the group but I suggest you could rename your group "Round, round, round..."
You could even use this as your theme song if you needed inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN7Xs9WVNBU

>)

o
Oops...

I goofed on how to post it as a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Round, Round, Round...I get A-Round

o

I like the Round, Round, Round - I get Around suggested name - what does everything think? I remember that song!
I don't know what my theme will be. I will be looking through my fabric and seeing what I think might make a good center block.
Have a good day!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne - I know that song - been awhile since I heard it though LOL

I am thinking my theme will be Christmas. I dont usually do holiday stuff by it would be nice to have one to snuggle with for the month of December :)

Marie

o

My theme is probably going to be Autumn. Still pondering though...
Jeanne

o
RE: Row, Row, Row Your Quilt.....

I began making my center block today and it is an autumn theme. I just love the colors of autumn. (Don't be impressed thinking I am so ahead of the game - I am so behind on almost everything!)
I hope someone else got some inspiration on where to start. I looked through so many books and so many fabrics. I didn't think I would ever decide... deciding is very hard! I wanted to do this one and that one and another one.. LOL
Jeanne

o

I too will be working on my center block today. I am lucky to have a job that allows me to have Fridays off.

Jeanne, you are not alone! I had so many ideas running through my head that I was dizzy(er) than normal!!! LOL

I finally narrowed it down by finding a block I thought would make a good medallion type center and decided to go with it. (I have work travel this coming week and didn't think I could fit in any applique time which I would have loved to do.) Most quilts I've made have been gifted and I seem to always choose something with blues. This one will be for me. With that in mind, my theme will be "black and white and red all over"...my favorite colors.

This is already so much fun! Are we going to show pictures of the beginning centers? Keep secret each round as they are added? I could make a graphic of the centers we began with if everyone wants to send a picture to me. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Dee

o

Dee, I will be happy to send you a pciture of my center if the group decides they want to do that --- or maybe everyone just wants a surprise. Yes, I just finished it. I totally realize I am a very slow stitcher. This center wasn't that complicated and it's all the sewing I did for the past two days.
Marie, I think I will be able to send this to you by Wednesday. If not, it will go out the following week. I'll let you know once I mail it. Warning - my center is a little beyond 18" but not quite up to 19". It seemed to want to stretch and not stay as square as I liked, so I stitched on a border to take care of that. I figured a little bigger was better than difficult to work with!
Dee,
I will love black, red, and white in your quilt. I thought about going with either a black and white or red and white for myself in this robin before I decided on fall colors, so I will be ready to stitch with the 3 colors you chose. Sounds like fun!
Jeanne

o

Wow - I need to get busy in my sewing room! I decided that I wasn't going to wait for the 'big freeze' and finish canning/freezing what is left in my garden. Today: 11 quarts of tomatoes, 17 pints of cinnamon sweet pickles, 28 pints of salsa, 10 acorn & 5 butternut squash. Now all I have left to do is pick the last of the green tomatoes for pie filling and figure out what to do with the last 4 cabbage.... Hoping that by tomorrow morning I can take the fence down and let my calves & horse clean it up! :)

I am excited to see your center Jeanne - I too like the Fall color's.

Happy weekend to all!
Marie

o

Marie,
It sounds like you have been busy, but what a productive garden. I think I got one cucumber and about three tomatoes this year and that was it. It's really not worth trying to grow vegetables here - all that watering and care and the heat and drought does them in... but you know gardeners - maybe next year will be a good year!
Anyway, I will mail my center to you tomorrow. I used a piece of fabric with a faint leaf pattern for signatures instead of muslin, so just add your names to it when it comes your way and you complete your row.
Thanks, everyone!
Jeanne

o

Hello
Well my center changed AGAIN, I was cleaning out my sewing room
And re-organizing and found a block I made 2 years ago for a challange
I had to drop out of and decided to use it.
The block is Shattered Star, the colors are bright yellow, bright orange,
And black on black. It also has lots of flowers on the fabric so I
Will call it Shattered Flower, any style of quilting is fine but I want
The colors to stay constant through out the quilt.
I will be sending my center out tomarrow.
Michelle

o

Jeanne, I am sending my center out tomorrow. I just decided to go with some bright colors. I love bright colors and believe me, this one is a bright one. LOL

Jackie

o

I haven't started mine yet as I haven't found any Christmas print fabric - may end up changing plan.

Since my garden is DONE!!! WAHOOOO :) I plan to clean up my sewing room (find a block I made for a different swap that is hiding :( ) and go through fabric. Hoping to have a plan by tomorrow evening and it made by Sunday...

Marie

o

Michelle, my center will be heading your way today. I just have to get the label ready and then get the package ready. I am so looking foward to seeing and working on everyones!

Dee

o

Michelle, I received your center today. lovely, just hope I can do it justice.

Jackie

o

My center is almost done - just a little applique and it will be ready for it's first leg of the journey :) I will post a picture of it when it is ready - that way you all can get an idea of what to expect.

Marie

o

Looking forward to it, Marie! :)

Dee

o

While I was away at Camp Cheerio the center block from Jackie arrived. Now it's time to put on my thinking cap!
(Jackie I love the little notebook that is traveling with the quilt block. Were we all supposed to include something like that? This is my first time doing a round robin quilt so if I don't do what is the "norm" - just excuse me please.)
Jeanne

o

Hello
Jeanne some people do include a not book for the players to write
A littlesomething in, but it is not required.
I sent a book with my last one but not this one.
I would love to go the quilt retreat but I'm just too far away.
Glade you all had a good time.
Michelle

o

Finally it is finished :)
 Row Row Row your Quilt 2011

As you can see it has a Christmas theme and is kind of cartoonish LOL I have added sequins, silver thread and felt. I would like it to be a 'fun quilt' - fleece, small flat embellishments, satin, minky.... what ever you feel it needs. I used blues but color really is up to you also.

I hope to get it sent by Fridday, as I still have to make a piece of fabric for everyone to sign and buy a little notebook.

Marie

o

Very cute center, Marie! I love the blues and purples that you used. Has my center block made it to you yet? I keep thinking it should be there, but maybe the Monday holiday slowed things down.
If we are posting pictures of our center blocks, I took one and will try to get it on the computer so you can see it.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne,

I picked it up today - and WOW!!! Very nice! I plan to work on it this weekend and hope to get it sent on by Monday.

I will be sending out mine on Friday before I go on a day trip - My sister and I are going to the University to hear Mikhail Gorbachev speak! I am not political at all but this opportunity is just something I didn't feel I could let pass. Living in Wyoming, we do not have the chance often to see/hear/meet great people of the world and I am excited! LOL

Marie

o

hello
I got Deanna's center today, and I will start on it tonight or tomarrow, I just cant wait.
so pritty
michelle

o

Marie, your center is cute as can be! Will be watching for it next week. Have fun on your day trip with your sis! My son lives in Moscow and I am always interested in anything having to do with Russia. :)

Dee

o

Here is the center I made for my round robin. I hope it works out well for everyone. Marie, thanks for letting me know that it got there okay.

Photobucket

I admit - I am still trying to decide what to add to Jackie's center. Not having done this before, I am trying to picture how it will look as more and more gets added. I will start on it soon though so I don't get us behind on the schedule!

Marie, that sounds like a wonderful opportunity to hear that talk. Enjoy your outing with your sister!

Jeanne

o

I decided that I had pondered long enough and I added my round to Jackie's center today. I can't show it, I think things are a secret after we show I center. I hope you like it, Jackie, and I hope others can work from what is there. Maybe I will be able to envision things better once the second center comes to me and it already has a round.

Marie, I will try to mail the package out on Saturday or Monday.
Jeanne

o

I got mine mailed out today! :)

Jeanne - your quick :) I will keep checking the PO and will do my best to get yours done over the weekend so that I am not holding up progress.

Marie

o

It's in the mail to you, Marie. I got a tracking number but don't have it here near the computer. I will not be quick the whole time... LOL Jackie's block came to me early and I know things will slow down over the holidays... at least they will with me!
Jeanne

o

Now that my son's wedding is over, I will get to work on Michelle's center this weekend.

Jackie

o

Here is the center I made. PhotobucketWill be fun to see it come back after you've all added your magic touches. :)

Jackie, how was the wedding? Hope they had a perfect day!

Dee

o

Dee the wedding was great, but boy am I tired. LOL

Jackie

o

Jackie, I can imagine. That is a very busy time - just as busy for mothers as for the newlyweds, I think!
Your block is great. I hope you get to rest up a bit.
Jeanne

o

Marie, your center arrived yesterday. It is even prettier in person! I've got to spend a couple of days in Des Moines for work so I hope to make my addition over the weekend when I get back.

Dee

o

Jeanne,

Michell's center will be on its way to you tomorrow.

Jackie

o

Thanks for letting me know. I will likely not be online until Monday. I will let you know once it arrives.
Jeanne

o

Just letting you know that Michelle's block and row one by Jackie arrived at my house just fine. It's looking good!
Jeanne

o

This looks like so much fun! I was wondering about the rules or guidelines for participants. Can someone direct me to a thread where these have been discussed or outlined?

o

Hi, Gin -
Michelle is the one who started this - which turned out to be a round robin instead of a row robin. I don't think there are any guidelines other than what Michelle posted here on Sept. 21 (I think that is the right date.) I have never been in one before and this one seems to be moving along so nicely, I'll bet there will be new groups starting up. Anyone can just post a heading and see if more people want to join in and create the rules for that row/round robin. I think Michelle chose a good number for this one with only 5 people.
Anyway, when this one finishes up, I will likely be willing to sign up for another - after the holidays, of course!
Jeanne

o

hello
i went kinda simple on the rules.

I just sent off deanna's center off to jackie.

I have DC# incase it dosent get there in a few days.

michelle

o

I received Jackie's center today - It is so pretty! I love all the bright color's, this one is going to be lots of fun :)

Jeanne - I am still working on yours and hope to get it sent on by Monday. Sorry for the delay but I have been sick and not feeling up to doing much.

Marie

o

I received Deanna's center yesterday. Hope to have my round finished by the end of the weekend.

Jackie

o

Deanna,

Jeanne & Jackie's centers are on their way to you. I sent them in separate envelopes and wrote who's they are. I also have conformation #'s and will send them in an email.

Marie

o

Michelle,

Marie's center is on it's way to you. I will be more on track now as my business travel is done for the year. Took a while for the holiday crustacean fabric to get here. Cutest little lobsters with santa hats...you will see! I do have DC# if it doesn't get there in a couple of days.

Jeanne and Jackie's centers arrived yesterday. I have work to do! ;)

Deanna

o

I have started working on Michelle's block. It is likely to be another week or so before I get it mailed out though. Of course I will post when I do.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne,

I am taking Deanna's center to the Post Office tomorrow, sending it to you.

Jackie

o

hello
I got marie's center inthe mail today
I cant wait to get started on it.
michelle

o

I received Deanna's center today. It is so pretty with the additonal rows. You ladies are remarkable! Yes, I am still working on the one for Michelle, but should have it out in this next week.
I am making a quilt that needs to be a Christmas gift and it is promised by mid-December so I need to get it pieced and to the quilter ASAP so she can quilt it and then I can hand stitch the binding down. Normally all would go along more quickly, but with our new puppy I stop working every hour to hour and a half to give her some time outdoors and some play time. We don't have a fenced yard so all of this involves me walking her on the leash or supervising her in the house so she doesn't get into mischief. Anyone who has had a puppy knows about that!
Anyway, this is lots of fun being in the Round Robin and everyone seems so speedy on getting things done. I will keep posting so you will know where I am at with things.
Jeanne

o

Just wanted to let you ladies know that I will be out of town from Tuesday the 29th until Sunday the 4th for work.

Jackie

o

Michelle,
Just letting you know that my round is now added to your center and I will get it in the mail to Marie this week. Sorry to be a bit slower this time - the holidays tend to do that!
It's looking good...
Jeanne

o

I'm so glad to see that this Robin is going strong!

I wish we had seen posts of all the centers though. :~((
It's such fun to see all the original squares, then see what they grew up to be.

o

hello
I have finnished marie's and will be getting it in the mail
later this week.
no worries Jeanne we are moving along just fine
michelle

o

Jeanne,

I received Michelle quilt and it is soooooo pretty! I have final's in 2 weeks and then Christmas but I plan to get it finished before the New Year and sent on.

Marie

o

Michelle,

I received Marie's quilt today.

Jackie

o

Jeanne,

I will be shipping Marie's quilt tomorrow.

Jackie

o

I'll be watching for the package. I still have Dee's center here, but after Christmas I will get right to it so it can continue on its way. Am I right in thinking that once I complete Dee's and Marie's, that's the end of the rounds? Then comes the excitement of seeing my center come back home.
This was simple and everything kept moving well. Thanks, Michelle, for planning this. I did a local row robin before, but this is my first time doing a round robin and I am trying to do as many "firsts" as possible. I think that might be my theme for the New Year!

Jeanne

o

Good news: I received $100 JoAnn's gift card : ) I will be going tomorrow to take advantage of the sales and will begin the next round. Hope to have it finished and out by next Monday!

Hope everyone's Christmas was wonderful!
Marie

o

Marie's quilt center arrived at my house today. Wow, it has really grown since I saw the picture posted here! You will love it, Marie. I plan to work on Dee's center and get it out really soon - I really think I can complete it this week. Today I had a doctor's appointment and we have a sick elderly horse that needs lots of care right now, so I have been busy with that. (...and here I thought this week would be a quiet week...)
Jeanne

o
RE: Row, Row, Row your Quilt.....Around

Stopping by here to wish our Round Robin Swap members a Happy New Year!
Last evening I finally took some time for myself and worked on Dee's center and did a bit more this afternoon. It is looking good! I think Monday is probably a holiday, but I expect to mail it out on Tuesday. I will post when I do so Marie will have a pretty good idea of when to expect it.
Dee, do you still have the center that I began? I haven't seen anything posted about it for quite awhile. Maybe we need a post with who has which centers. Right now at my house I have Dee's (almost complete and will be mailed out soon) and Marie's which recently arrived.
I think I saw in another thread that Michelle is having computer problems, so how about if you are in the group and you see this update us if you have a center and which one. Thanks so much!
Jeanne

o

I have worked on and passed on Michelle's, Dee's and Marie's. I currently do not have one. I should only lack Jeanne's.

Jackie

o

hello
I currently dont have any centers.
michelle none
jeanne Dee's and Marie's
Jackie none
marie Michelle's
Dee should have jeanne's and jackie's

if this is not right please let us know
michelle

o

As of this afternoon Dee's center will be on the move once again heading to Marie. It is so pretty and I hope you, Dee, will love it as much as I do!
That leaves me with one more which is Marie's. Sorry to have been slow getting Dee's out over the holidays. There is always something. Our family is very sad now because yesterday morning we found that our horse had died overnight. We had her for 29 years so she has a special place in our heart. Inbetween the tears I took a little time yesterday to finish stitching my round on Dee's quilt so it could get on the move again.
Jeanne

o

Oh Jeanne, I'm so sorry to hear about your horse. 29 years... definitely a part of your family. Our animals are such an important part of our lives.

Big hug to you (((((Jeanne)))))
Kate

o

Jeanne, is this the same horse you spoke of at Retreat???
I am so very sorry for your loss.

o

Hello
I sent Dee an email to see how things are going.
If she dosent get back to me in a few days I'll give her a call.
If anyone else know anything about her wether she is ill or traveling
Please let us know
Thanks
Michelle

o

Hi all!

I'm here at last! I do have Jeanne and Jackie's tops here. One Christmas celebration at my house on Thanksgiving with DH's side. I got EQ7 and planned out my additions to J & J's tops and chose the fabrics. So much fun! Then...

Not made much progress over the last month. Son came home from Russia for the holidays. Extended family was here to see him and shared. We all got sick day after Christmas. Think I slept more in the last couple of weeks than I did when I was a kid! I am finally feeling almost back to normal. Went back to work a couple days this week.

I am planning to get back on track and finish Jeanne's today/tomorrow. Michelle, I will email you DC# after I mail on Monday. Will work on Jackie's in the next week and hope to send on to you the following Monday. I apologize for creating any worry.

(((Jeanne))) so sorry for your loss. You must have many precious memories of those 29 years.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the new year!

Dee

o

Dee - Sounds like you have had quite a month! Both of my children (daughter 17 & son 26) had the flu on Christmas Day - I told them next year they had to make up for such a low key holiday. LOL I finished Michelle's and am sending it out to you today :)

Now I have to take my machine to the doctor... I was trying to get some birthday & crazy blocks done, along with a lap quilt that HAS to be finished by Friday and my baby quit working. I called the Brother's hot line and they say she needs a professorial. I was in rather a panic as the lap quilt is for a breast cancer benefit for a HS friend on the 26th and I need to send it out early so that it arrives on time! I have another borrowed, picking it up tonight!~ So I should be back on track by the end of the week.

Happy quilting to all!
Marie

o

I received Dee's center yesterday - perfect because I just finished a Red, White & Black quilt top for a graduation gift. I have some nice fabrics to add.

Since we are getting close to being complete (Dee's is my last one to work on). Are we going to open them all at once or just send them home when they are finished?

Marie

o

Michelle,
Jeanne's center is on it's way to you. I will email DC#. Jeanne, I think you are going to love it...it's beautiful already!

Working on Jackie's now. Such a happy quilt...just makes one smile to see it! Should be finished for mailing on to Michelle over the weekend.

Looking forward to see and plan for Michelle's. This is so much fun! Hard to believe we are getting close to the end already. I would definitely join a robin again...even as anxious as I was to start.

I think it would be fun to open all at once. We could hold on to them and not open till everyone's is home...then set a day and time.

Dee

o
Michelle's center arrived

Michelle's quilt arrived today. It is sooooo pretty! You've all made such wonderful additions! The pressure is on. :)

Will work on finishing Jackie's round through the upcoming weekend. It's gotten soooooo cold here in the last few days that it will be a pleasure to stay in and work on a quilt.

Dee

o

hello
Dee I got it.
the first robin I was in we opened them all on the same night and posted picks at that time.
I'm not able to post picks but could email it to someone and they could post it for me.

michelle
ps I wont be able to start on jeanne's till next week, I need to finnish up a big seed swap first.

o

Michelle, if you can email photos, you can post them. If I can help you work that out, let me know by email.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: posting pictures

o

I bought fabric to go on Marie's quilt yesterday. It may be next week before I get to work on it though. I'll let you know when it is complete and I mail it back to her. (I am like Michelle - hosting a big seed swap and this week and next week are the weeks I will be very busy sorting seeds.)

My suggestion on the quilts is that we open our package when it arrives, but not elaborate on what it looks - just say we received it. (Of course, we can add that it is wonderful, beautiful, awesome, etc. - just don't describe it or add a picture.) Then we could wait and all post pictures on a certain day. Will we all have our quilts back home by Valentine's Day? That might be fun!

This group has been so great to work with. Needless to say I was a bit concerned because of the previous round robin. I sure hope some of the quilters involved in that have now received their quilt tops. If not, I am truly sad for you. I wonder if there is anything we can do to get them back to their owners.

Jeanne

o

hello
I got it Dee, again.

I am almost done with Jeanne's, I was gonna wait till I was finnished with my seed swap but an idea came to me and I had to work on it.

I'm hoping my creativity makes up for my lack of skill.

the braided border that someone asked me about I got from a quilting mag and altered it a bit. I will see if I can find it and can post the mag and name.

happy quilting
michelle

o

Glad Jackie's center arrived, Michelle. I've been working on yours today. Was a good day to work on it as it snowed all day. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to stir up all the new snow so maybe I will get close to finishing it. Having lots of fun. Hope you like it!

Dee

o

Michelle and I both hosted seed swaps recently so I am behind - just mailed the seeds out today so now back to sewing! I hope to have Marie's completed and on its way by the end of the week. Sorry for the delay. There were 1, 984 packs of seeds that I was shuffling and it took up much of my time for about 10 days. Sure am glad to see them on their way!
Jeanne

o

I received Jeanne's top. It will be a couple weeks before I can finish it. Work is crazy right now!

Jackie

o

I added my round on Marie's quilt top so it will get mailed out by the end of the week. I hope you like it, Marie!
Jeanne

o

Marie, I mailed your quilt top to you today. They said it would take about 6 days to get there so we'll see how accurate the estimate is. I think you are going to love it - I hope so anyway!
Jackie, don't feel rushed on finishing mine. I know you will get to it as soon as you can.
Now we are going to have to decide what to do about opening packages, posting pictures, etc.
Jeanne

o

hello
I finished jackie's last round
I will try to get it in the mail tomarrow.
are we waiting to open them, or opening them when we get them?
michelle

o

Jeanne, I received my package today : ) I have not opened it yet because I was not sure if we are opening them all together. Also I still have some work to do on the one I have and didn't think it fair since I wasn't finished with my part yet.

Marie

o

Jeanne,

I am mailing your package tomorrow. This has been great!

Jackie

o

Jackie -
That is an especially nice Valentine's Day surprise! I have been sick for a week now and haven't done much of anything. My husband and I are delaying going out to eat for Valentine's Day until I feel a little bit better. That sort of dampened my Valentine holiday spirit, but you can't enjoy going out to eat much when you nose can't smell the food and you have to cough over and over again.
Hooray for my quilt top being on the way!
Jeanne

o

jackie your package is on the way, I have a dc# so let me know if it is not there in a few days
michelle

o

Michelle,

Your quilt will be on it's way home tomorrow. :) It should be there Tuesday after the President's Day holiday on Monday for sure, if not on Saturday. I will get DC# so you can track it.

It has been a pleasure to work on everyone's quilt!

Dee

o

Jeanne,

The DC number for your package is: 0311 0820 0002 2388 6718

Jackie

o

My quilt top arrived today! I'm not saying if I opened it or not. LOL
Will post a picture whenever it's time.
Jeanne

o

Mine arrived today also.

Jackie

o

Hello
I got my center and all your rounds back.
Dose everyone have there's?
Are we waiting to open them?
Michelle

o

Pictures, Row'Row'Rowers! We want pictures!!!

o

Mine is not home yet. I think Marie is finishing up so should be soon.

Glad your's arrived home safe, Michelle.

Dee

o

Dee,
I just finished yours this morning - sorry it took so long : ( But I am sure you will be pleased - It is BEAUTIFUL!! I will post conformation directly to you when I get it this afternoon.

Marie

o

It's here, it's here!!! Thanks, Marie. When can we open? I am REALLY tempted! Is everyone around? hmmmmmm???

Dee

o

I am ready whenever you guys are!

o

I am hyper....it's either the snow/ice storm coming or waiting to open this package I keep staring at! LOL

o

Ready and eager to see pictures!

o

I keep checking to see when we can have the big grand opening.

o

I am hanging in here with you. I hope it is soon. I am out of town starting Friday for most of March.

Jackie

o

Jackie, if it is okay with everyone, I suggest we post our pictures of our quilt tops tomorrow. March 1 sounds like a good reveal date - at least it does to me. We sure don't want to do it without you.
What do you think?
Jeanne

o

I just sent an email to Marie and Michelle. Maybe they haven't popped in on the board in a few days. I am fine with as soon as possible! lol Jackie needs to open hers before her trip for sure.

Dee

o

Sorry to be late :( Busy, busy with school work... But yes I am ready to open! I will check tomorrow to see if it's okay.
Marie

o

I will post mine when I get home from work this afternoon.

Jackie

o

This is exciting!!!

o

Michelle emailed and said she would
online tonight so it's a go! I am excited too!

I will check in after work. Maybe first one can start a new post as this is getting pretty long with lots of scrolling.

Dee

o

A message thread can go to 150 individual posts so there's still room on this one, but if you do start a new one, please remember to put a link here to get to the new thread and one on the new thread so people can refer back to this one.

o

Oh, I can't wait and I'm not even in this RR. I really enjoyed the one I participated in and I'm very excited for all of you to open your tops tonight!

o

Now I don't know about the rest in the robin, but mine is appearing on here today - the great reveal:

It began like this

Photobucket

and here it is now
Photobucket

The outside border is hard to see because it hangs off the bed so here is a closer up picture showing that (with my comforter peaking out under the edges - sorry...)

Photobucket

I can't possibly express my thanks to everyone who worked on it! I know a lot of thought and a lot of hours of work went into this. The colors are beautiful - it is beautiful. Hopefully I will keep moving along with it and have a completed quilt soon. I think I will take it to a long arm quilter so the quilting will be as nice as the piecing is.

Someone else now - time for another picture!

Jeanne

o

Jeanne-What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure you'll treasure it.

Kudos to all of you doing this again after the last one. An amazing show of faith!

o

Jeanne, The girls did an excellent job of maintaining the theme of your center block! I like the block used in the green border.

Good job everyone!

SharonG/FL

o

Here is mine. All I asked for were bright colors and I sure got them. I think this will make a nice little girl quilt. I have not decided if I will add more to it or just leave it as it is.

Photobucket

o

Oh Jeanne, what a great start to the picture posting! Thanks for including a picture of your original square. Everyone did a fabulous job with colors and theme.

Kate

o

Looking great!!! Everyone did a wonderful job. I can tell alot of thought went into each of the rounds.

I am anxious to see the others.

o

Jackie, Ask and you shall receive! That would be a great quilt to bring out when the doldrums show up! It would surely bring out a smile! Is the very narrow border like piping?

SharonG/FL

o

Jackie,
I hadn't seen yours when I posted! Wow, what a mood booster! Makes me smile to look at it!

o

Ohhhhhhh my goodness!!! I've just opened mine. I couldn't be happier! :))) All of you have taken this block that I second guessed sending on and transformed it into such a beautiful quilt!!!! Thank you to each one of you for your artistic contributions!

This center blockPhotobuckethas been transformed into this quilt :) Photobucket
I love it! Dee

o

What fun to see how other quilters develop your ideas.
All beautiful quilts ladies!

Mary

o

Spectacular!

o

WOW, this is great, See didn't you say you could post a pick for me? I just love all the rounds. You all did such great work, I'm not gonna add anything to it I think it is purfect :-). Great size for a wall hanging.
Thank you all
HUGGS
Michelle
PS photo to fallow

o

Michelle's centerPhotobucketbecame this quilt. :)Photobucket

o
RE: Row, Row, Row your Quilt.....fallow up

thanks for posting the pick.

Dosent it look like a stained glass window?
I'll do a black binding to finnish the stained glass apperance.
I just love it.

o

Beautiful Michelle....when I first saw the picture I said to myself it looks like a stained glass window!

o

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine! Thanks so much ladies : )
Starting center:
 Row Row Row your Quilt 2011
End results:
Row, Row, Row Quilt
Every round is perfect for my whimsical Christmas quilt : )

o

Nice job everyone! They are all so unique and fun. You all should be proud of yourselves.

o

It is as much fun to see how each quilt progressed as it was to work on them. Each of our quilts are so different, yet all fantastic!! I would be thrilled to have any one of them. This was a wonderful experience and I thank you all for your time spent and beautiful work. Enjoy! :)

o

Those are all just great. You did such a good job, all of you, and we appreciate your showing them to the rest of us who couldn't manage it. Thank you.

o

All the quilts are wonderful! Good job ladies!
Linda OH

o

What terrific quilts! Very creative. I can see that the RR format would really broaden your quilting horizons. How fun.

o

Wonderful quilts! Definitely worth the wait! I'm so glad you all had fun and all ended up with beautiful quilts.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here