Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovelost2011

Jean's memory Wall hanging

lovelost
11 years ago

I'm new here and a new quilter also. Is there another forum that deals with memory quilt wall hangings. I would love to make memory wall hanging quilts for all 8 kids using my husband's jeans and pockets to put a memory in. I have his shirts and various colors of blue jeans.

I'm looking for someplace to get ideas or inspiration. If you have any ideas where to send me, please do so.

Thanks

lovelost

Comments (4)

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Welcome, lovelost!

If you were to google/images for 'memory quilt', 'memory quilt from clothing', 'memory quilts with pockets', you would probably find a lot to search through.

If you do a regular google search, you may find websites that offer instructions or guidance. (What did we ever do without Google???)

Good luck with your project! It will be filled with great memories!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Bonnie Hunter gives a great tutorial video of "De-boning" a shirt in order to get the most use of the fabric. It's about half-way down the page. I'm thinking you could pretty much use any block you'd want for the shirt fabric and then use the jeans as a plain square. In fact, somewhere, there's a pattern for a 'shirt' block....that would be really cute with a square of jeans with a pocket.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Cutting up a shirt

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Welcome to the forum! Please let us know what you decide to do. I'm sure quilters here would help you work out the details if you find a picture you like.

Kate

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Sorry, I can't help with the quilt, but welcome to the forum.

beverly