Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"The Evil One" is Done...

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 15:25

I finished this today. (AKA Bordered Diamonds.) I can't afford Kaffe Fasset fabrics, so this was all from my stash with the exception of the two fabrics used to border the diamonds. I was horrified when I washed it, finding 4 places where the borders had separated, had to hand-sew them shut. The yellow fabric (which BTW was bought at the LQS) had frayed on the edges. I have never had that happen before. I don't know whether it's because of the fact that it is on the diagonal. This is also the first time I've attempted on-point diagonal rows, and boy was it an eye-opener!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "The Evil One" is Done...

Ritaweeda: Wow...I think it looks great! Why are you calling this the evil one.. (had to smile on that). I've not ventured into a diamond pattern...but I do think this looks super, how you've put the colors together and the blue inside border makes it pop! I looked at your other photos and really like the quilting motif..it's great for the shape. Well done!!!
V.

o

Very nice, Rita! Congratulations on sticking with it and getting it done!

Donna

o

Well done. I like the strong "pops". What a bummer about the fabric though. You showed great control to redo the edges and keep going! Bet the shop would like to know about the fabric problem so they can tell the company and worn their customers.

o

That is beautiful! You did a great job...and diagonals are not easy, but you mastered it!

Sorry about the fabric fraying. Frabric is tricky: even LQS fabric!

Gwen

o

That looks like a tough pattern. It did turn out nicely even if you had problems with the seams.

I know what you mean about the on point. I sure learned a lot about them with the Pine Tree quilts.

beverly

o

Rita, I know this wasn't the most fun you ever had with a quilt but I like the results! I hope you like it too!

Kate

o

I think everything looks beautiful. Love all the bright colors. Is it a wallhanging? Can't tell the size.

o

V., the name "Evil One" is what I started calling it after I had flung it across the room trying to get the top together. It just sat over there and taunted me for a long time. Bev, it's size is 55 1/2 by 78 inches. I am glad that I picked it back up and conquered it, though. DH isn't thrilled with it, with all the pinks and yellows, but that's the part I like about it the most.

o

The Evil One looks evil~~all those on point, diagonal seams taunting you! :). Congrats on finishing it. You have my admiration and I love your stick-to-it-ness attitude.

One of the worse fabrics I worked with came from my LQS - horribly off grain, frayed alot, and was very expensive.

I like the quilting motif you decided to do.

You can now move on to an easy project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here