Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Color Choices - oh my!

This site is awesome....especially for anyone (like me) who has difficulty knowing just exactly what colors will complement each other.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Design Seeds

Comments (13)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Thanks, I needed that. Those pallets and a glass of wine will calm me down.

• polardream
    12 years ago

That was really nice! i LOVE the combinations - especially the lavender fields ... oh, now to just find those colors at the fabric stores ...

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

It is great!!! But I agree I have a hard time finding the right fabtics too!!!!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Yummy color combinations! I like the idea of taking an appealing photo and pulling all your colors from it.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Fun place to visit. Thanks.

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Now that is what I need help with. Thanks, now I won't have to ask DH if colors go together.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awwww Linda, sorry you need to be calmed down. Is it better today?

Beverly, After you pull the fabrics together, you probably should still ask him or he'll feel left out. @:)

Aren't those colors awesome together? If I'm going for a specific shade, I sure have to see it rather than buy online. Which raises a question. In a situation like this, would you buy from the same fabric line? Would that guarantee the shades complementing?

Glad y'all enjoyed the site.

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

What a beautiful way of presenting the combinations! The names are so meaningful - will just have to print off the group I need and take with me when going to buy fabric. thanks for the link

Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Great site & color combinations.

In answer to your question, I did buy, online, from a coordinated group (for my snow globe quilt) and.....I only used 2 of the fabrics from the group in addition to the focus fabric that I fussy cut to make the snow globes. It is very unlike me to go with the coordinates. I will use some on the back. It was too 'matchy-matchy' for my taste (OMG!!! is that another way of saying not scrappy enough?)

• lola99
    12 years ago

What beautiful pictures and color combinations. It reminds me of a book I checked out from our local library about a year ago. The book was written for quilters and detailed finding pictures that you liked and using those colors in your quilt. I wish I could remember the name of the book because it was really fun to look at.

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Yes, fun & lovely link, thanks for sharing it.

O geez, Lola, I think I know the book, bought it for a design class several years ago, let me look around a minute ...

Interesting, I knew exactly where it was ...

Visual Coloring, A Foolproof Approach to Color Rich Quilts by Joen Wolfrom, a terrific book, I encourage everyone to look this one up!

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Great website, thanks. That will help a lot. Someone should market that in a small 3x5 notebook we could stick in our purse to take shopping.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I agree, Marti8a...I'd carry it! I imagine there's something out there somewhere....

I find myself trying to think of quilts to make using some of these colorways....they are so yummy!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES