Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOTTO - September 2013

Posted by toolgranny (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 14:50

This month I've chosen another old favorite, Sarah's Choice, for or blocks. Use two blues and a cream background. See sample. Sorry its fuzzy- I only have one hand this month.

Follow the usual rules:

1. with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks.

2. if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)

3. all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

4. you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Blocks are mailed to Valarie who will arrange the drawing at the end of the month. If you need her address, find her "ittlehelen" name on a previous lotto and send her (or me) a msg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sarah's Choice block

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOTTO - September 2013

Should the blues read as solid or can they be prints?
Theresa

o

mine are prints.

o

Are you using a tone-on-tone for the cream, or an unbleached muslin?

I am going to try to participate this month ... gotta find that CREAM!!!

Sue

o

any off white would do. muslin would work but mine is a print. sorry, cant type yet.

o

Got it! I am shooting to finish 3 blocks. They are cut and ready to assemble.

Sue

o

I am giving the LOTTO a try for the first time. What is the overall size of the finished block?

o

it will finish 12". See link to instructions.

o

Thanks!!

o

Here they are. I must get back to sewing before I forget everything I ever knew.
Theresa

o

Here are my first contributions to the monthly lotto! Had fun making them this past weekend. Will deliver these to Val tomorrow.

o

I got 3 blocks done and will get them in the mail tomorrow.

Sue

o

So happy to see all the blocks! I'll be putting mine together within the week.
V.

o

Here's September blocks received as of today, 9/22...don't cha just love blue and blue...so calming...
Still time to get those blocks made and mailed!
V.

o

I'll get mine off to you this week.

o

I think two of us used the same darker blue fabric. What are the odds of that?
It's a test for the rest of you to find them.....
Theresa

o

Valarie, my block will go into the mail tomorrow. Lois

o

oh wow...once again..i love these colors and the pattern! I have three ready to post this afternoon, soon as my shift is over in the Reading Room.

o

3 mailed this afternoon

o

Greetings,

It's time to pull the winning number for the September lotto blocks. First one to post a number between 1 and 14 will be picking the winner.

(to insure fairness, honesty and integrity and the american way :-) an email with the names and numbers was sent to my quilt lotto partner- Toolgranny)

So if you are on line...pick a number and post!

V.

o

ok...I'm going to grab a bite to eat...will return shortly!

o

Let's go for the number FIVE !!!!!! (these are beeeaUtiful blocks!)

o

Beth...Thanks for being there!! And you are so right, all of the blocks are lovely and will make a beautiful quilt.

...This months lotto winner with the number 5 is Redmary!!!...a relative newcomer to the lotto...nothing like beginner's luck!

Congratulations Mary on your winning! You'll have the blocks shortly.

V.

o

Congrats to Mary.
Theresa

o

No way! 1st time I have participated---so excited. I look forward to getting all the beautiful creations.

o

No way! 1st time I have participated---so excited. I look forward to getting all the beautiful creations.

o

Congratulations, Mary. I hope you make something great out of them and then post us a picture.

o

Good for you, Mary. Have fun with those beautiful blocks.

o

First, you will just look at them and admire them. Then you will fondle them. Next you will lay them out. And then you will lay them out again. Each time, giving them a light caress.
Have fun!
Theresa

o

Congrats, Mary! Thanks for joining the lotto and congrats for winning!

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here