Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

LOTTO - September 2013

toolgranny
10 years ago

This month I've chosen another old favorite, Sarah's Choice, for or blocks. Use two blues and a cream background. See sample. Sorry its fuzzy- I only have one hand this month.

Follow the usual rules:

1. with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks.

2. if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)

3. all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing

4. you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Blocks are mailed to Valarie who will arrange the drawing at the end of the month. If you need her address, find her "ittlehelen" name on a previous lotto and send her (or me) a msg.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sarah's Choice block

Comments (29)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Should the blues read as solid or can they be prints?
    Theresa

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mine are prints.

• polardream
    10 years ago

Are you using a tone-on-tone for the cream, or an unbleached muslin?

I am going to try to participate this month ... gotta find that CREAM!!!

Sue

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

any off white would do. muslin would work but mine is a print. sorry, cant type yet.

• polardream
    10 years ago

Got it! I am shooting to finish 3 blocks. They are cut and ready to assemble.

Sue

• redmary
    10 years ago

I am giving the LOTTO a try for the first time. What is the overall size of the finished block?

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

it will finish 12". See link to instructions.

• redmary
    10 years ago

Thanks!!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Here they are. I must get back to sewing before I forget everything I ever knew.
    Theresa

• redmary
    10 years ago

Here are my first contributions to the monthly lotto! Had fun making them this past weekend. Will deliver these to Val tomorrow.

• polardream
    10 years ago

I got 3 blocks done and will get them in the mail tomorrow.

Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

So happy to see all the blocks! I'll be putting mine together within the week.
    V.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Here's September blocks received as of today, 9/22...don't cha just love blue and blue...so calming...
    Still time to get those blocks made and mailed!
    V.

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'll get mine off to you this week.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I think two of us used the same darker blue fabric. What are the odds of that?
    It's a test for the rest of you to find them.....
    Theresa

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Valarie, my block will go into the mail tomorrow. Lois

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

oh wow...once again..i love these colors and the pattern! I have three ready to post this afternoon, soon as my shift is over in the Reading Room.

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

3 mailed this afternoon

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Greetings,

It's time to pull the winning number for the September lotto blocks. First one to post a number between 1 and 14 will be picking the winner.

(to insure fairness, honesty and integrity and the american way :-) an email with the names and numbers was sent to my quilt lotto partner- Toolgranny)

So if you are on line...pick a number and post!

V.

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

ok...I'm going to grab a bite to eat...will return shortly!

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

Let's go for the number FIVE !!!!!! (these are beeeaUtiful blocks!)

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Beth...Thanks for being there!! And you are so right, all of the blocks are lovely and will make a beautiful quilt.

...This months lotto winner with the number 5 is Redmary!!!...a relative newcomer to the lotto...nothing like beginner's luck!

Congratulations Mary on your winning! You'll have the blocks shortly.

V.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Congrats to Mary.
    Theresa

• redmary
    10 years ago

No way! 1st time I have participated---so excited. I look forward to getting all the beautiful creations.

• redmary
    10 years ago

No way! 1st time I have participated---so excited. I look forward to getting all the beautiful creations.

• toolgranny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Mary. I hope you make something great out of them and then post us a picture.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Good for you, Mary. Have fun with those beautiful blocks.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

First, you will just look at them and admire them. Then you will fondle them. Next you will lay them out. And then you will lay them out again. Each time, giving them a light caress.
    Have fun!
    Theresa

• polardream
    10 years ago

Congrats, Mary! Thanks for joining the lotto and congrats for winning!

Sue

Sponsored
KB Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Creative & Collaborative Interior Design Team Based in Virginia Beach