Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlehelen_gw

Challenge Quilts

littlehelen_gw
10 years ago

Greetings quilt forum....
We have 13 challenge quilts.... We will be posting pictures today for you to enjoy and Vote for your favorite. Just post the quilt number of your favorite on this thread.
Voting will open once we have all 13 posted. Voting will close by 6pm Camp Cheerio time (EDT) on Saturday!

Comments (48)

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Two

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Three

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Four

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Five

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Six

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seven

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Eight

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nine

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ten

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Eleven

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Twelve

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thirteen

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Those are all very nice! Should we consider the challenge criteria, or just vote on the one we like the most? I don't remember what the criteria was. :)

Donna

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

criteria was size, a required block, and a bit of the required blue fabric. amazing how well some of those blocks are hidden.

my vote is for number 1

• Vanislegirl88
    10 years ago

I like them all, but my vote is for number 9

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Donna, I don't think there was a criteria except for an approximate size and to use the challenge fabric.

The Challenge quilts are exceptional!!! I don't know how 'you' are going to be able to vote. I'd have to give everyone of them a prize! But, if I have to choose only one, I'm going to have to think about it. This is going to be difficult.

SharonG/FL

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Oh, the talent out there!!! Very hard to pick just one, especially since we are only looking at pictures. But right now I go for #9.
    Theresa

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All quilts met the criteria...Just vote!

• redmary
    10 years ago

It is a difficult to select just one! There are some amazing artists in this group, but for some reason, I a paricularly drawn to #9. Thank you all for sharing this weekend with us---happy quilting!

• lola99
    10 years ago

They all look great. While I could say wonderful things about each one, I will cast my vote for #4. The use of shape and color fascinates me and I keep going back to look at it.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

I think everyone worked hard on the challenge but my vote is for # 4. It was an interesting interpretation.

• gininmn
    10 years ago

All so great it's hard to select. Went through them, forward and backwards multiple times and ended up giving my vote to #1. Love the scalloped edges and love the graded size of pinwheels giving impression of closest to farthest away as the flowering vine grows up, up, upward.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

I vote for #8! They are all wonderful! Very arty. :)

Donna

• Kristene Smith
    10 years ago

My vote is for #11. I love the graded colours. Bright and cheerful

Kristene

• mary_c_gw
    10 years ago

But wonderful job by all! It was difficult to make a decision.

• day2day
    10 years ago

They are all great!

I vote for #11.......love the colorwash look.
    Thanks for showing all the beautiful work.

~Geraldine

• loisflan
    10 years ago

They are all wonderful, and it's very hard to choose only one, but I'm drawn to the simplicity of #9. You are all very creative. Thanks for including us in your quilting show. Lois

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

My vote is going to #9.

SharonG/FL

• gininmn
    10 years ago

There's just a thread over 2 hours until voting is closed. Tally of votes posted here: #1: 2 votes, #4: 3 votes, #8: 1 vote, #9: 5 votes, and #11: 2 votes.

I don't see votes from some of the retreaters and from many of other GW Quilting Forum regulars. Please vote. So much time and creative energy went into producing this beautiful challenge quilts!

• lindaoh_gw
    10 years ago

It was hard to decide but I vote for #7.

• buteau3rd
    10 years ago

#8 gets my vote, wouldn't mind framing that one for my wall...peaceful.

• bozogardener
    10 years ago

I'm so glad I dropped out. Sheesh, they are all so nice!

My vote is for #1

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

You guys are so silly! Though some of us struggled a little (ok, a lot!), everyone has agreed that it was fun! You can expect another Challenge in the future!

Btw, those of us here at retreat voted with the campers locally today.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Sooooo, what's the score???? huh? c'mon, Jen. And, what about, you know, what about....that? Huh??

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I was at the hospital this afternoon and just now getting on GW. Wondering which one got the most votes, and I know it's too late to vote, but I love #2. Thanks for posting pics of all the challenge quilts; I enjoyed this mini quilt show.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

All the challenge quilts were creative and fun...yet there is a winner... drum roll please..... number 11...Lola!!!

Here's the participants:
    1: Nanajayne
    2: Beverly
    3: Valarie
    4: Linda, Toolgranny
    5: Faye
    6: Jackie
    7: Teresa
    8: Robbi
    9: Jen
    10: Kate
    11: LOLA!
    12: Tina
    13: Linda, quiltnhen

Lots of fun, Thanks to all for your votes!

• littlehelen_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The goody bag for the winner....

• gininmn
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Lola. Enjoy your goodie bag.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Great job, Lola. Your prize looks fun and interesting. Enjoy!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Congratz on your win, Lola. Have fun going through your goodie bag.....you'll be like a little kid at Christmas. :-)

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations to the winner... It was a fun challenge and will look forward to the next one.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

Congrats Lola! Thank ya'll for sharing the challenge quilts with us online.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• lola99
    10 years ago

I am completely FLOORED! This quilt was such a challenge for me to make. I decided to try so many new things. First I decided to use a postage stamp technique that I read about on-line that involved fusible interfacing. Then I decided to try piecing my scraps of batting, and while I was at it, why not use 2 layers of batting? I also used basting spray for the first time, including spraying the two layers of batting to each other. This did not work very well at all and I ended up pinning after I started quilting when everything started shifting. Then when I tried to FMQ it, my needle kept breaking (I posted about this and got some great advice/help from all of you.) I ended up changing my quilting design and using the walking foot. What an amazing learning experience this was!

Thank you again for helping me through this challenge, for the nice comments, and the great looking goodie bag!

I hope all campers have a safe journey home.

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

What great quilts! I totally forgot to look for this over the weekend so I'm sorry I didn't cast my vote. Congratulations to all!
    Jeanne

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Linda/CA I'll try to get your quilt in the mail by week's end. And Lola, I'll try to get all your stuff packed up as well. Everything is still packed in my sewing room ;)

Jennifer

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

No rush on the return. What a beautiful variety everyone produced. I'm almost glad I was away and unable to vote. It saved me the pain of choosing ONLY ONE!

Congrats to Lola. All your labors were worth it!

LindaB/CA

• bev2009
    10 years ago

I'm trying to get caught up on posts and wanted to tell everyone your quilts are wonderful. I love the different interpretations. I had thought about doing a bird similar to #8, even found a pattern online, but it was just so intimidating I just froze. Love the execution of the butterflies and all the different techniques and quilting. #12 looks so playful, I just wanted to step into the picture and fly the kite with her. Thanks everyone.

While on a vacation in Traverse City, my husband and I spent a couple of hours at the library (we are just Mr. and Mrs. Excitement, aren't we?). I, of course, read the quilting magazines and came across a line, "Any quilt is better than no quilt." That really hit home with me. Next time, I will complete the quilt, I promise.

Funny thing, attended my niece's wedding reception in a park a couple of weeks ago. My sister had made tablecloths of different prints for the tables and one of the tablecloths was the challenge print. My daughter was able to take that one home with her. My purple girl!