Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - Trip to Italy

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 12:58

My daughter and I will be leaving for Italy on 9/27. We've talked about this trip for at least 20 years, and I figured we'd better do it while I'm still able. We took a refresher Italian course this summer, and while we're in Florence, we're taking a Tuscan cooking class. We'll also spend time in Rome. Our heritage is Italian, so this is quite special for us. I've been lucky enough to have gone to Italy several times, but she has only seen Venice.

Kate, if I win the September lotto, don't be surprised if I don't respond. I'll be sipping wine and eating pasta under the Tuscan sun, or moon, as the case may be. Ciao.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - Trip to Italy

That sounds like such a fun trip. I do hope you enjoy it immensely! I wonder what kind of quilts they make in Italy?

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Ooh, I'm jealous! We did a Mediterranean cruise in 2008 for our 25th anniversary and we stopped in Sicily, Amalfi, Florence, Pisa and Rome (among other places). I really want to go back and see more of Italy.

My Italian consists mostly of musical terms, but I was surprised how much we understood.

Have a WONDERFUL time!

Donna

o

Have a fantastic trip. Sounds like you'll be a great guide too. Hope to get there some day.
LindaB/CA

o

Have a great trip and have fun cooking! I'll hold any lotto winnings for you until you are ready for them.

o

Enjoy---that says it all.

o

Hope you have a wonderful trip and make great memories.

o

Have loads of fun and enjoy the cooking class. My brother and his girlfriend spent quite a bit of time traveling all over Italy last Spring taking over a thousand pictures. He ended up having a book printed of only about 200 but it shows their trip from beginning to end.....a lot of the country and hillside, people hanging out of windows, laundry drying and their way of life and travel. It was awesome just looking at the pictures! (He said he ate Margherita Pizza whenever he had a chance!)

SharonG/FL

o

Have a fabulous time! We went to Italy in 2008 and I am ready to go back! Florence is lovely, Rome is incredible. Enjoy the time with your daughter!

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here