Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

Sew Deer quilt making for me

rosajoe_gw
10 years ago

This is another quilt I have wanted to make for a long time. I love the whimsical holiday quilts, but IMO, they really are not practical at all.

That being said, 'who really gives a hoot?????'

I have been doing Christmas *work embroidery, although slow, it is so relaxing and I can work on it while watching TV with DH. He likes sports and as long as I have something to do I'll watch them.

I would love to make this Sew Deer quilt for my family that has kiddies, that means I'll have to make about 10!!! It should go fast since a lot of it is panels, I want to make it larger than the 48x54.

I'm going to start out with this one for ME and go from there....
Rosa

Comments (8)

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

They are fun to make. When I was doing shows and selling I made many holiday quilts and people liked them. This is cute and I know you will enjoy it.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Cute!

• User
    10 years ago

I don't normally make holiday quilts, cause it just is not practical to use a quilt once a year and then have to store it, but I do love the one you made! TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• day2day
    10 years ago

Very cute panel quilt.

The panel quilts are usually quick to make and a fun project....although I did have a few panels(from Walmart) that were so warped/skewed that I had to use them for the dog beds.

Happy Holiday Sewing!!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Cute panels! Kids would love 'em!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Rosa, Even though this is really cute, after making ten I would think you wouldn't want to see another Christmas panel in your life! :-)

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

I agree with Sharon -- maybe if you make all 10 at the same time, you wouldn't 'feel' so much like you were making 10 of the same. It is really a cute pattern -- you could easily use this format with any cute panel.
    I can't wait to see what you make! You go girl!

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL!!! I was so burned out on making baby quilts, and we all know how cute they are!

I have reached a point in my hobby where I don't feel obligated to say yes to everyone. My sister's friend asked me to make her a king size quilt. She was planning on about $200, which she though was generous. When I told her just what the materials cost she was shocked lol! I told her if she bought everything I would help HER make it.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County