Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nannykins_gw

Retreat Good wishes

nannykins
10 years ago

I hope you all have a wonderful time, quilting, visiting and eating. The treats sound yummy!
And that the weather will co-operate and you have time for outdoors, too. Fresh air is a good thing.
And that your drives and flights home are safe.
Jealous of you all.
Theresa

Comments (9)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Ditto, what Theresa said.

Jealous to the bone! But, we're going to be having our own cyber/virtual retreat along with you....somehow. Let us know what you're doing (up to) and someone keep track of Jennifer to make sure her list is being worked on.

With all the goodies that are being brought, it's a wonder y'all won't be hovering over the snack table instead of sewing.

Safe travels to you all.

SharonG/FL

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Thank you both! Wish you were going to be there!

Oh, we'll be hovering - no doubt about that! We must keep up our strength so we can sew and cut and quilt and play the fast and furious Left-Right-Center game. And it is a hike to the dining hall doncha know?

I just hope I can finish packing tonight so our dear magothyrivergirl is not stranded at RDU tomorrow.

Teresa

• nannykins
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My kids would say "hoovering" instead of "hovering". making like a vacuum, sucking up the goodies.
    Go for it!!
    Theresa

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I fully intend to 'hoover' over the snacks!!! The brownies just came out of the oven and smell soooo good!

Still need to pack clothes (I did promise to bring some!) and the laptop in the morning. The sewing stuff is all ready to go...I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it will all fit in Katherine's car.

Spoke with camp this morning and they said weather was sunny and in the mid-high 70s during the day, feeling delightfully cool at the top of the mountain! 50s at night. Should be a fantastic weekend in that regard.

So wish more were joining us this weekend! It's going to feel strange only having 10!

If you're on Facebook, you might look for YMCA Camp Cheerio and like their page. They update with pictures every day or so, and you may see us or our quilts!

Safe travels to everyone! Can't wait to feel the stress rolling off as we head down the highway and up the mountain.

Oh, and Sharon~ I most definitely will be working on "The List"... contemplating a weekend without sleep ;)

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I hope ya'll have a wonderful retreat. Hoping to follow along on-line as ya'll post photos of the retreat.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• buteau3rd
    10 years ago

Why do I keep reading all the retreat posts, they make me so envious! We will still be here in RI...too early to return to FL.

I will be quilting though. Almost finished a "Shadow Box for a grandson. Showy, and easy.
    I'll certainly be thinking of everyone...ENJOY!
    Marge

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

The retreat sounds wonderful to me too. Looking forward to lots of pictures. Hope one of you packed a camera!
    More of a full on charge than a retreat though ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• calliope
    10 years ago

Best wishes coming at you from SE Ohio. It would be so fun to join in the festivities, but I'm just happy as many as have make it there for fellowship and quilting. Keep us in the loop so we can enjoy it by association.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Have a great time, everyone. Maybe after I retire, I can participate. I hope so. Please keep us in the loop, as Calliope suggested. We can live vicariously.

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer