Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone out there with old but good memories?

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 12:13

This is driving me nuts. Way back in the mid-70's there was a sewing show on PBS, this lady sewed clothes mostly. She was very soft-spoken, a very soothing voice. In fact, I would plant my one-year-old son in front of the TV in his little chair to watch it and within 2 minutes he would be sound asleep for his a.m. nap!!! And me along with him! LOL!!! I can't remember her name or the name of the show to save me, and it wasn't Nancy Zieman. Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about?? I wanted to know to see if she is still out there doing videos or anything. Just to listen and wind down in times of stress.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone out there with old but good memories?

I think I know the one but can't put a name to her.
Theresa

o

SHIRLEY ADAMS!!!!!!!!
Theresa

o

Sorry, it wasn't Shirley Adams - I remember her too, now that you mention her. But this other lady was way before her even. Oh well, but thanks for trying.

o

Sandra Powers?? think that was her name.I went to one of her seminars wayyyyyyyyyy back then.
Kathi

Nope think it was Sandra Betzina (sp)
Kathi

o

Georgia Bonesteel? But I think she did mostly quilts

o

It wasn't either one of these. Oh, well, I guess I'm older than all of you.

o

By the mid 70's, my youngest was 10 and I was so involved in 3 different schools, baking bread, canning, cleaning the house, church responsibilities, Blue Birds, etc there was no time for TV.....let alone much of anything else. (I deserve my retirement!)

SharonG/FL

o

Rita, I wonder if it was a local PBS show. When I was a kid we watched Romper Room on PBS and I've learned that while Romper Room was a national show, the hosts were local.

I tried Googling and came up with the same ladies who have been mentioned. That's what made me thing it might have been a local host.

Donna

o

In Canada, we had a woman named Madame DeBello, who did a sewing show on garment construction. I doubt that is the one you are looking for unless PBS picked up the show or you were able to pick up a Cdn. station.
Theresa

o

Funny. Don't know from way back when. But, the Fons and Porter show often puts me to sleep. I record it because I often miss how it all turned out.

o

How about Sewing with Nancy,or Clothilde.Nancy a lot of times had another lady with her who's name was Gail ?They made gorgeous clothes.
Kathi

o

I too was thinking of Sewing with Nancy, my mom used to plant me in front of her, Betty Fezier <---? and someone else and another cooking show which the name is not coming to me on....there was also another sewing show she watched and no bells are dinging on that either, of course I was little, no joke like 2 when she watched them. I STILL remember watching some of them....the cooking show seems like one of those women was a Nancy too.
WOW, wish my memory was still that good lol.

YES, I really DO remember stuff from way back then, my first word was Spartanburg, WHY? Because mama watched channel 7 and when the announcer came on I liked how he said WSOC Spartanburg and I remember thinking I can say that and I did lol...mama was so mad because THAT was my first word, not mama or daddy and albeit I am sure it wasn't all that clear it was understandable enough for it to be understood lol.

SORRY for the ramblings, I saw memory lane and ran down it hehe....

:) Aqua

o

Betty Feezor was local to Charlotte NC TV, so living in Salisbury we were able to watch her. She made a recipe I sent in to her on one show! I was thrilled! Ha! I think she included all homemaking arts on her shows, but I remember the cooking segments more.

Teresa

o

None of these are the one, maybe I was hallucinating?

o

Is the PBS station in that area still in business? If so, you could call them and I'm sure they would have a record of the shows they presented to their viewers. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here