Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charity quilt ready to go!

Posted by polardream (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 12:08

At last! I finished the binding on this quilt that is going to the High Park Fire victims in our area. I won about 20 of the blocks in one of our lottos and made 16 more to make this a double bed size. The back is the same russet color as the binding. I have a couple other quilts that I had finished with no real destination in mind, so they are folded and ready to go as well. My DH is always saying "what is that quilt for?" and when I don't have anywhere/one in mind, he just shrugs his shoulders. Then, when I take one to donate, he says, "that is really too nice to give away!" What a crazy guy...

Anyway, we both agree that it feels good to have going to worthy recipients.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charity quilt ready to go!

Love it! Love scrappies.
My husband always says "Who's this for?"
And since most of my quilts are chemo quilts, my answer is "I haven't a clue".

o

Oh, Sue, it's wonderful! Someone will really treasure it.

Donna

o

Absolutely beautiful. You have a great heart.

o

I remember that lotto!
This is a beautiful quilt, for a great cause.

o

I love scrappy quilts. That is beautiful! Do you remember the name of the block?

o

Great scrappy quilt, Sue. How large (or small) are the individual little squares?

o

Congratulations, your quilt is lovily and very worth while. It is sure to lighthen someones heart. Nice way to use your good fortune in winning the lotto.TFS

o

I remember! It was called Chiclets, because the first one I did, did not cut the muster and I ended up making a pillow cover out of it. Vickie was doing the lotto then. That's been awhile. Beautiful quilt, it is beautiful.

o

Looks great! Someone is going to be very lucky!

o

Calliope - you are right, it was Chiclet. I am attaching the link for the pattern. Lois, the squares are 2-1/2 inch. It was a great way to use up LOTS of scraps. It was good to finish it and get it donated. I have several other tops that I should get busy with but I just love piecing ...

Here is a link that might be useful: Chiclets quilt pattern

o

Sue, great use of your Lotto winnings! Your extra blocks are just as scrappy as all the others!! I really like the way you placed the the rust border and made the quilt wider.
This is a generous gift.

Thanks for the link to the block.

o

Wonderful job, Sue. I know someone will just treasure it.

o

That's a beautiful, scrappy quilt! TFS.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

What a very beautiful quilt!

o

The quilt is lovely!!...love the scrappy look...I'm confident this will be greatly appreciated and treasured.
V.

o

I really like this, Sue! Planning to print it out and keep with the box of 2 1/2 inch squares I have to remind me what can be done with them. Actually, this looks to be a very nice 'mindless' sewing project......which I am really into right now.

SharonG/FL

o

Lovely quilt Sue and what a great stash buster!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here