Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Sept. 24/25

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

We are doggy sitting our grand-dog while our DD & SIL go to Jamaica for a week. I am working on the DWR and can FINALLY see light at the end of the tunnel. I have all 72 blocks finished and am joining them into rows of three and then into (6)sections of twelve blocks. I have one section finished and another almost done. I hope to get most of it together this weekend.

What are you quilting this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (11)

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Sewing binding on a baby quilt. Wish I were in Jamaica!

Rebecca

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I am sewing a little- I worked on the Snow Globe quilt I am making this morning.
    I plan to finish piecing it at the Retreat, but I want to decide what I am doing for borders before I get there, so I'm not wasting my valuable time thinking :).

I would also like to start cutting out another 9Patch Pizzazz, again, so I have some direction for sewing at Retreat.

Have fun doggie sitting!

I need to get organized-does that count???

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I pulled out my BD blocks from last year to which I've added enough to make a total of 20. Arranged them last night and sewed the first two vertical rows together this morning. Will probably sew on it later on today and tomorrow. I plan to donate it to my family church in Michigan for an auction. This evening, we plan to attend the high school band performance after their practice that DGD is in....cannot believe this is her senior year!

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    12 years ago

SEW?? What's that? I feel like all I have done this weekend is work on winterizing the RV, yard work, picking raspberries, and staining a new door.

I did go to the fabric store this morning and got a jelly roll for the retreat and a couple fat quarters to test colors before I buy enough for the quilt I plan on working on at the retreat. I borrowed a tote bag for my sewing machine but think it is too big ... back to my original plan!

I am hoping once I get done with dinner I will have time to try a test block with the new fat quarters.

Sue

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I'm in an RV this weekend and could have brought the featherweight but didn't. I spent the day at the Jacksonville quilt show and had a blast.

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

The blue/tan depression block top is done, the backing is prepared, but it doesn't need to be done until early next year. It does look good, but my eyes need a change! I'm so tired of those fabrics for the moment, that I can't even think of loading it on the frame.

So I have started to cut out a 30's repro/white pinwheel quilt. It's all equilateral triangles. I'm liking it so far.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Big family adventure today and I'm exhausted!

Tomorrow heading to MIL's house for the better part of the day while DH hooks up lights in her remodeld front room. She'll feed us while we're there...don't usually get home til 5 or 6pm

I desperately need time in my sewing room, but not sure I'm gonna get it this weekend... :(

• chickie1
    12 years ago

No quilting for me. Maybe tomorrow night. Working on an Irish Chain quilt for my daughter. Need to have it finished by October 26. Don't think I'll get it done. I need to add the three borders and quilt them. So much to do and so little time...

• wynative
    12 years ago

I had big plan's of quilting this weekend but my land lord showed up and I have been replacing the carpet in my living room with wood flooring for 2 days.... Hoping to finish tomorrow so that I can have my house back in shape before the new week starts :)

Marie

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I am in charge of our blood drive and it is tomorrow so that has kept me busy.

My allergies are still kicking my butt and I need to clean, but the dust bunnies are friendly lol!!!!!
    Rosa

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Kate,
    I saw some pics of the quilt show, lovely quilts!!
    Rosa