Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for Retreaters

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 10:51

If I were to bring 2 rag quilts (for the trail run prizes) do you think you could help me clip some seams?

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for Retreaters

I would help :-)

Robbi

o

I think I have experience in seam ripping and could assist. But I have a question...why do you want to rip seams out of (i am assuming) completed quilts? Is this a mystery I'll learn about at the retreat? :-]
V.

o

I'll need instruction ;o) but I'll be glad to clip some.
Do we need special scissors or other clippers?

Teresa

o

What Teresa said! :)

o

Sure, Beverly. I'll help.....I'll probably be on the couch most of the time anyway. lol

SharonG/FL

o

Valerie, you clip close to the seam to make the 'fringe' instead of putting on a binding. My family loves them.

YES BEVERLY!!! I'll even bring my very own spring scissors. I have made so many raggedies I consider myself a pro and will be very happy to show anyone. The more helping the better as it does get the thumbs sore, mine anyway.

Sharon from my experience with the lint we maybe sitting on the front porch lol!!!!
Rosa

o

As long as it isn't freezing cold, the porch will be ok. I don't have those special scissors but will bring my good shears.

SharonG/FL

o

My friends are the greatest. I can bring some spring loaded scissors. No special skills needed, just small clips every 1/4 inch or so along the seams so they "rag" when washed. If I make the last 2 rag quilts, I won't have to quilt and bind them. I can take them to the laundromat to wash and that will be it.

The Pine Tree quilts were a bit larger than I had planned and I won't have enough backing to do them the same. I went to the closest Hancocks today and they are out of the zig-zag fabric I used. Monday I will try to go to one a bit farther and see if they have any. If not I'll have to make do with what I have and they will just be different.

beverly

o

I haven't done one of these quilts but would like to see it and would be happy to help!

Kate

o

I'm happy to help you too Beverly. It's a time consuming task but might be something to do as a break from sewing

Kristene

o

I'll help. If you post a pic of fabric, I'll help search here. We don't have a Hancock's but have a nice Beverlys.

o

I've made several rag quilts and I have the spring loaded scissors and I would LOVE to help... but I can't come this year... ;_; boohooo

o

I would love to help. Have scissors, and would enjoy seeing a rag quilt close up... never made one(yet) plus I enjoy group projects.

o

You ladies are the greatest. Faye, wish you could come and help. Perhaps next year?

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here