Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Question for Retreaters

grammyp
11 years ago

If I were to bring 2 rag quilts (for the trail run prizes) do you think you could help me clip some seams?

beverly

Comments (14)

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

I would help :-)

Robbi

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

I think I have experience in seam ripping and could assist. But I have a question...why do you want to rip seams out of (i am assuming) completed quilts? Is this a mystery I'll learn about at the retreat? :-]
    V.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

I'll need instruction ;o) but I'll be glad to clip some.
    Do we need special scissors or other clippers?

Teresa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

What Teresa said! :)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Sure, Beverly. I'll help.....I'll probably be on the couch most of the time anyway. lol

SharonG/FL

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Valerie, you clip close to the seam to make the 'fringe' instead of putting on a binding. My family loves them.

YES BEVERLY!!! I'll even bring my very own spring scissors. I have made so many raggedies I consider myself a pro and will be very happy to show anyone. The more helping the better as it does get the thumbs sore, mine anyway.

Sharon from my experience with the lint we maybe sitting on the front porch lol!!!!
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

As long as it isn't freezing cold, the porch will be ok. I don't have those special scissors but will bring my good shears.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My friends are the greatest. I can bring some spring loaded scissors. No special skills needed, just small clips every 1/4 inch or so along the seams so they "rag" when washed. If I make the last 2 rag quilts, I won't have to quilt and bind them. I can take them to the laundromat to wash and that will be it.

The Pine Tree quilts were a bit larger than I had planned and I won't have enough backing to do them the same. I went to the closest Hancocks today and they are out of the zig-zag fabric I used. Monday I will try to go to one a bit farther and see if they have any. If not I'll have to make do with what I have and they will just be different.

beverly

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

I haven't done one of these quilts but would like to see it and would be happy to help!

Kate

• Kristene Smith
    11 years ago

I'm happy to help you too Beverly. It's a time consuming task but might be something to do as a break from sewing

Kristene

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

I'll help. If you post a pic of fabric, I'll help search here. We don't have a Hancock's but have a nice Beverlys.

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

I've made several rag quilts and I have the spring loaded scissors and I would LOVE to help... but I can't come this year... ;_; boohooo

• buteau3rd
    11 years ago

I would love to help. Have scissors, and would enjoy seeing a rag quilt close up... never made one(yet) plus I enjoy group projects.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You ladies are the greatest. Faye, wish you could come and help. Perhaps next year?

beverly

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living