Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Guess I Forgot to Eat My Wheaties!!

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 10:18

I posted about buying the Quilter's Dream Cotton/Poly batting recently. I started working on it today. Well, although this stuff is high-quality, boy, I'm huffing and puffing pushing it around on the machine. I guess it's heavier than what I've worked with before. I vaguely remember someone saying that if you spray something on the surface of the quilting extension it makes it easier to glide but don't remember what it is. Can someone let me know?? And other than taking a 10-minute rest between each of these blocks, are there some other pointers you can give me to keep me out of the ER???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Guess I Forgot to Eat My Wheaties!!

Anything thin & slippery that you can lay over the extension and in front of & behind the feed dogs (be careful not to cover them) will help. You will have to tape down.
Maybe wax paper will help-not ideal.

They make a clingy slide thing for this purpose. I use mine when I sew binding on by machine to help with the weight.

I would be very afraid of using a spray product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slider

o

There is a spray silicone used just for this purpose. A FMQ class I took insisted on it but I didn't write it down. You spray the bed and it makes it slippery. You might try searching a bit. Your LQS might know.

o

I use silicone spray that was gotten in the hardward dept. of a supply store. Works for me, just besure that it is totally dry.

o

Thanks for the link Marsha.

Best to you,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here