Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
U S Navy Fabric

Posted by mycatsmom (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 10:03

I am looking for fabric to make my 84 year old father a quilt. I want to depict a U S Navy theme and am having trouble finding fabric. I would like the fabric to show Navy carriers, destroyers, that type of thing. Sailors in uniform would be nice. I have found a few but they are very busy and show more of a modern day type theme. I would love any information about where to look for this fabric. Thank you for any help. Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: U S Navy Fabric

See if these folks have anything you're interested it.

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Bear Paw quilting

o

Another option might be to take some of his old photos from those days and use transfer paper and the computer to put them on fabric.
Local quilt shop would be my first stop.

o

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I did order one Navy Pillow Emblem and will put stars around it to make it bigger.

o
RE: U S Navy Digital Camo Fabric

I am trying to locate this officail US Navy Digital camo fabric to make an item to match my NWU's. Any help would be appreciated.

o

Douglas~ Try googling 'us navy digital camo fabric' and you'll get lots of things to look at. there are different kinds of fabrics depending on what 'item' you want to make.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here