Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

Mark your calendars!!

jennifer_in_va
10 years ago

2014 Camp Cheerio Quilt Retreat will be Oct 9-12, 2014 (Columbus Day-US, Thanksgiving-Canada)

Mark it on your calendars now! I may need to collect deposits early in 2014...Jim may be doing things a little differently than Shane. I'll keep you all posted.

Comments (31)

• justamomofsix
    10 years ago

That seems like such a looonnnggg time away!!

Count me in!

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Yes it is a loooong time away, maybe we need to do it twice per year... Count me in too.

Jackie

• grammyp
    10 years ago

I'm in, but Tim will be working. Twice a year sounds good to me, too. I'd love to see spring in the mountains.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beverly, Tell Tim I'm sorry I couldn't work it around his schedule (really!). I tried, but the other weekends I tried, Millis wasn't available. And the weekend after Labor Day was just too early for me!

I'd be thrilled to do a 2nd retreat weekend in the Spring...but financially it would unlikely for me. If there is serious interest, I'd be happy to organize it for you though!

• amazingcm
    10 years ago

I retire in May so maybe I can come next year.. I will keep my eyes open for more information.. grace

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Let me know when you need funding for 2014.

Love the idea of twice a year, but don't think it is realistic until I retire. Of course that could change :-)

V.

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Yea! Count me in!

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Perfect weekend! The air should be crisp and the leaves starting to change. It is a long time away -- over a year!!!

Money speaks & secures the reservation - seals the deal and makes it official. Can't wait. Thanks Jen!

I would love a Spring travel to a show or workshop with our group if anyone has ideas. No Snow or Ice Locations~lol~

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Marsha, I was just thinking that February is a quiet time, and Minnesota is beautiful in the winter. Maybe there are those of you who have never seen 20" of snow fall in one day. Think of the experience! Or 20 degrees below zero! I think you might be a bit short-sighted to exclude "snow or ice locations." LOL

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

I've got it in my calendar! Will put down my vacation days in January!

Teresa

• polardream
    10 years ago

Much better time of year for me! I am planning to come.
    Sue

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Paducah Kentucky - April 23 - 26, 2014

I could be talked into that!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Kate, you are tempting me!

Checked my calendar, we leave for Florida Bicycle Safari Apr 25th. Sigh.

beverly

This post was edited by grammyp on Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 22:38

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

I'm very likely for camp next year... and I think I'll be going to the quilt show in Paducah, too!
    Jeanne

• wendyfaye
    10 years ago

Calendar marked! Vacation request submitted! :)

Faye

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Jeanne - I just proposed the Paducah trip to my sister-in-law and she's all for it. I think we'll be there! It would be so much fun to get even a small group of us together there!

Kate

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

(Removed duplicate post)

This post was edited by k8orlando on Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 8:10

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Kate,
    Carol and I have plans to go on a bus trip that is being organized by our local guild. I've wanted to go to the Paducah show for many years. I'm sure we can plan to meet up somewhere!
    Jeanne

• Robbi D.
    10 years ago

I'm in! And Paducah is a definite possibility for me. Is there a location in mind?

Robbi

• Kristene Smith
    10 years ago

I'd love to attend both Paducah and Camp Cheerio next year. Have to see how my funds are.
    Kristene

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Robbi - for Paducah it would be fun if we were all at the same hotel. We should pock a place and look into resrvations soon. Paducah isn't a big city and I bet the rooms get booked fast.

Kristene! It would be great to see you!
    This could be harder and more expensive than I thought. Many hotels are already booked solid for the Quilt Show. Others have considerably higher prices than published for other weeks of the year. This will take more research!

Kate

This post was edited by k8orlando on Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 8:39

• jackier123
    10 years ago

Paducah is really hard to get a place during the show. A friend of mine had to stay at a fish camp when she went the last time. And 40 and it was about 40 miles away.

Jackie

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info Jackie. I would be willing to drive 60-90 minutes to get there each day. I'm thinking a long day at the show - maybe two? - and a visit to the Quilt Museum.

There are a couple state park lodges not too far from Paducah and they would both be great places to stay. Neither are taking reservations yet for April 2014.

• teresa_nc7
    10 years ago

Our group of six stayed at the Broadbent Inns and Suites at Cadiz KY when we went to the show two years ago. The hotels in Paducah only booked for more nights than we wanted to stay, so we went further out.

The Broadbent is an older building, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not as good as what you get at the Hampton, but it sufficed. I think I had to wait until December before they opened the new year to reservations, but if you decide to stay there, keep calling and make friends with the nice folks on the phone. They get a number of sportsmen every year for fishing and hunting in the nearby parks.

Teresa

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

My quilt guild trip to Paducah fell through so I won't be going this year... certainly will try for next year though.
    Jeanne

• polardream
    10 years ago

Jen,

Have you sent out any new information on when deposits are due for Camp this year????

I'm starting to watch for airfares ... WOOHOO!

Sue

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, I haven't, but I don't expect anything will be collected until summertime.

If anything should change, I'll be sure to post!

• Kristene Smith
    9 years ago

It's looking like I will be in the US when Camp Cheerio is on this year, so I'm planning to be there! Can't wait to see everyone again
    Kristene

• wendyfaye
    9 years ago

Oh, how exciting! Can't wait to meet you. :)

Faye

• grammyp
    9 years ago

Kristene, I'm so happy you will make it again. If you need anything just let me know.

beverly

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

OMG! Kristene!!!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida