Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

Antique Rose Sampler

vicky4x4
10 years ago

I made this quilt for my daughter's wedding. (she was married last September 1st. I was hoping to get it done for her anniversary but I'm a few weeks off:

Comments (25)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

That is just beautiful!!!!!
    Theresa

• wanda_va
    10 years ago

That is a gorgeous quilt! The problem with a quilt like that one is that only a quilter (or someone close to a quilter) can truly appreciate how magnificent it is, and how much time and love went into making it. I am in awe of it, because I know how perfect it is! Thanks for sharing, and I'm sure your DD will love and cherish it.

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

what a lovely keepsake. And, your quilting is beautiful as well. Good job.

And, good to hear from you, Vicky. It's been too long.

• fran1523
    10 years ago

What a spectacular quilt. I hope she loves and treasures it as much as you do her. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh I forgot to say that I had a friend of mine quilt it. I did go a day and quilt on it too, but couldn't do the whole thing myself or it would have been another year in coming!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

It's fantastic, Vicky! I guess this is where you've been, eh? Working on this stunning quilt. Drop in more often, please.

SharonG/FL

• lola99
    10 years ago

Vicky, that is beautiful! What a tremendous accomplishment. Didn't you make the dresses for her wedding too? I'm always in awe of the work that you do. Nice to hear from you.

Lola

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Another beautiful creation. Your work is special as I know you daughter is. You both should be pleased with your lovely quilt. Glad to see you back, don't stay away so long. TFS

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Oooooooooh! Words fail me!
    LindaB/CA

• K8Orlando
    10 years ago

So beautiful!!!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

That is gorgeous! Hope you don't have too many more kids getting married....you'd have to do more quilts equally stunning for them!

• mary_c_gw
    10 years ago

It is gorgeous!!

And best wishes to the young couple!

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

WOW it is stunning!!! I'm sure it will be cherished.

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank You everyone. I know I am away from here to long at a time. Life is busy, but I do like to drop in once in a while.

I have the Friendship Forest top done too (the one I asked for HST for) I'll post it when the quilting is done.

Vicky

• User
    10 years ago

That's just gorgeous! I love all the flowers, vines and leaves and the floral blocks, wow you did an awesome job! I am sure your daughter will treasure this quilt for years to come. Congrats on finishing it and thanks for sharing pics of it with us.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Just gorgeous! What a beautiful treasure to received.
    V.

• vacuumfreak
    10 years ago

Wow, that is so stunning that it takes my breath away, Vicky! Truly a work of art!

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Another beautiful quilt. I just admire those who do such great applique.

beverly

• polardream
    10 years ago

Vicky,
    It is so beautiful! What a lovely gift.
    Sue

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

Oh I just love it! I love the way the brown tones look like a wood mosaic, and I love that it's hand quilted, and I love the applique. What a good job you did!

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Simply breathtaking! Beautiful!!!!

• calliope
    10 years ago

Lovely and a wonderful combination of techniques. Surely a treasured heirloom.

• chrizty
    10 years ago

Very beautiful

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Vicky! What an unusual layout.

Donna

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Vicky, that is a fantastic quilt! I love the colors. I'm so partial to taupy brown.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida