Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilts of Valor/PBS Program

Posted by new2quilting (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 0:09

This weekend my local PBS station KVCR in Southern CA is showing a special "Quilts of Valor" where master quilters make a QOV quilt alongside new quilters. According to the list, Eleanor Burns, Marianne Fons and Alex Anderson are some of the quilters. Sounds interesting. Check your listings, maybe it's playing other places, too.

(Here it's 7-9a, 1-3p Sat, or Sunday 8:30-10:30am)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilts of Valor/PBS Program

How special....thanks for sharing, I'll look it up.
V

o

I couldn't find it in my area. @:(

SharonG/FL

o

Here's a bit of a You Tube video of the documentary.

Here is a link that might be useful: QOV video

o

This clip is a little longer at 18 minutes

Here is a link that might be useful: QOV Video longer

o

It was on TV here earlier this summer during a telethon. I didn't see the entire program but did see the end. The QOV that Mark Lipinski and his quilter made is in the last issue (Sept./Oct.) of "Love of Quilting".
Linda OH

o

We have satellite and the PBS stations that we get are in Boston and Seattle. I checked the listings for both and it is not on this weekend. :(
I will keep looking for it though ..... I want to see it.

Mary

o

I saw it in the bay area several months ago. So, I'm sure it will continue to pop up now and then. Just keep watching.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here