Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

My hubby can fix a rainy day, and Fun Quilter

grammyp
10 years ago

The Voyager is sewing again. We took her apart and worked on the presser foot shaft, and timing. Timing still seems a bit off, but getting there. In the meantime, Nolting is looking for some Fun Quilter owners in my area that will let me play with their machine. Anyone have one?

beverly

Comments (6)

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Tim's a lot like Mike....really handy to have around.

Keeping fingers crossed that 1) the Voyager gets going again, 2) that you find a Fun quilter to play with, and 3) that you can make a change without too much frustration.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There is a lady with a Fun Quilter 32 miles from me! It is even on the same frame I have. Gonna call her and see when I can come and play.

beverly

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looks like I will be getting a Fun Quilter! It was so nice and smooth and quiet. Didn't realize how poorly mine ran till I got to play with the Fun Quilter. Hopefully be here in 4 weeks.

beverly

• msmeow
    10 years ago

That's awesome, Beverly! Do you think your Voyager is just a lemon, or is it something about Voyagers in general?

Donna

• lola99
    10 years ago

Yea! I'm so glad to hear the Fun Quilter lived up to its name. Looking forward to hearing about it.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The Fun Quilter is on order! Don't know when it will get here, but it is ordered. Happy Anniversary to me!

Donna, I think it is just this machine. The first one they sent sewed like a dream. No trouble with it at all for almost a year, except a small hole at the base (they are stretch machines) and started leaking a small bit of oil. They Hinterberg folks said it was still under warranty so send it back and they would repair/replace it. So I did, and here begins my saga. I received a very used machine back and it has been nothing but trouble. Hinterberg was purchased by Nolting, and it took me a long time to track down someone to help. They were very nice and helped me work through most of the problems. We thought about having it refurbished, but it costs a fortune to ship, and there isn't a place close that does that. So this is just the last straw. The Voyager weighs 78 pounds, the Fun Quilter weighs 38. The Voyager uses only King Tut (trust me, I tried), the Fun Quilter uses anything (the lady I went to see showed me her collection of thread and she has quite a collection). They will deliver and set up for me and make sure everything is working well. This is gonna be great.

beverly

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x