Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Paveway Regal Sewing Machine

grammyp
14 years ago

My dad has done it again. They were at an auction and there was a sewing machine. A lady was bidding on it, but dad didn't think she should have it, so he bid and got it for $45. It has Paveway Regal on the body and is made by the Regal Sewing Machine Company. I have the serial number, but can't find any information on the machine. It is pretty dirty and looks like it needs some minor repairs. Does anyone know anything about these machines? All I have managed to find is a reproduction of the manual. It looks just like this picture.

bevrly

Here is a link that might be useful: Paveway Regal machine

Comments (11)

• jennifer_in_va
    14 years ago

cute little machine...never heard of it though. Good luck on your search.

• toolgranny
    14 years ago

Your Dad just kills me. He buys all sorts of things. I want to visit his barn someday.

Don't think I've seen this one before.

• damascusannie
    14 years ago

It was made by the National Sewing Machine Company --Regal just sold it. Send me the serial number and I'll see if I can pin down a date of manufacture for it. Serial number will be found stamped into the bed of the machine under the front slide plate. Remove the plate and the numbers is at the end of the curved shuttle race. What else would you like to know?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I didn't look under the plate, but there was a plate on the back with National Sewing Machine Company, the address and the number: 5B 140199B stamped on it. I'll call mom tomorrow and get the number from the bed.

I had never heard of it before and would just like to get some history. It is quite heavy to be so small. It looks like it has had a hard life and really needs a good cleaning.

Thanks for your help.
    beverly

• damascusannie
    14 years ago

It's heavy because it's made from cast iron with solid steel innards. 8^) They built 'em to last in the olden days!

• sunnycentralfl
    14 years ago

Congratulations to your Dad for such a find! You lucky Gal! It looks so much like a FW...good luck with the research....I know we won't being seeing it at Quilt Retreat if it is so heavy!

Gwen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    14 years ago

It's really cute, Beverly. Does your mom plan on using it?

Sharon

• grammyp
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't think mom will be using this one. She LOVES the featherweight too much. Dad will have to take it to the shop for a good going over, it is really dirty. It is in the base of the carrying case, but the top is missing and must have been gone a long time judging by the dust and dirt caked on it.

beverly

• damascusannie
    14 years ago

Tell your dad to be careful when cleaning it--it's really easy to take the color off the decals on the older machines.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip, but mom won't let him clean it. It will go to the local shop. Their repairman buys and sells old machines and does a really great job. If he offers more than 45 for it, I'm sure dad will sell it.

beverly

• Merrytrager
    12 years ago

I have a National Sewing Machine in a cabinet (black) - serial number H38345 - Could you please advise value?

Thanks

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone