Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

What did you do this weekend? Aug. 6-7

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

We went to Dayton to visit our DS and DDIL on Saturday. DH wasn't feeling well when we got home and was still running a fever today.

My small quilt group is having a workshop next Sat. and we are going to make jelly roll quilts. (Where you sew the strips end to end and bring the ends together and sew the side - 5 times.) Since I am the instructor I decided I should do mine early to see if there are any problems. I started it after lunch and finished before dinner.

I will take a UFO to work on at the workshop.

Did you quilt this weekend?

Linda OH

Comments (11)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I sewed about 40 linear inches :-( better than nothing.
    I did do a bunch of DH's laundry - yes, I wash our clothes separately - he doesn't keep up with getting his to the laundry area. And I cleaned a carpet.
    For fun- sailed Friday night & had crabs on Sunday evening-

I have been thinking and practicing how to quilt my 9 Patch Pizazz - it is a crab theme.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I got a full-sized quilt top done for my nephew to take to college on the 19th. Got borders on tonight. Just need to get backing in the next day or two and quilted.

Also got guild's BOM cut out so I can sew it tomorrow afternoon before meeting tomorrow night.

Did laundry, seemed to continuously pickup after 3 kids, and took DD to her 10th birthday party at the dinner theater yesterday.

I'm exhausted! Time for bed. But it feels good to have actually sewed!!

Marsha~ Mom said yesterday would have been a great day for sailing...too bad Father was out of town! They live off the South River.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Napped, pressed fabric, cut, sewed and played with the Star Struck variation. @:) Went out to DD's last night and everyone played cards til almost midnight...not me, I snoozed on the couch.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

My quilt buddy and I did a shop hop on Saturday. Six stores were participating but we only made it to four (or was it five?) before running out of money and energy. I found 2 jelly rolls I didn't need but couldn't live without. And a couple dozen fat quarters, mostly batiks.

Today I had to rest up! But I managed to put together 20 blocks with one of the new jellies, a contemporary Moda collection called Arcadia.

It was a good weekend!

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I had a great weekend. I rode my bike, I paddled my kayak, I made 12 blocks, a chicken pincushion, and sewed trim on some kitchen towels for some swaps. I played Mario Cart with my youngest grandson, and did my laundry.

beverly

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Wow! you ladies amaze me!!
    Dr's orders not to sew for a bit. I have a pulled muscle in my upper left arm aggravated by machine quilting on Thursday. Those quilts get bulky and heavy and awkward to move through the machine.
    But I thought about quilting!
    Theresa

• day2day
    12 years ago

Theresa, hope you get back to sewing soon.
    The rest of you were busy and got at least some sewing done.
    I am with Theresa...thought about sewing/quilting but got nothing done in that area.

Saturday was cleanup day so not much else was done. DH and I did get to Tims for coffee/tea and a Fruit Explosion muffin. During the late evening DH went salmon fishing and caught 2 Atlantic salmon. Fresh salmon for supper this evening....looking forward to that!
    He was so pleased with his catch but we totally forgot to take pics.

Sunday was a 50th birthday get together for my brain-injured brother....at the hospital. You could tell he was enjoying all the fuss although he did say he was home and later told me he was at a friend's house. He lives in the moment....a blessing for him, in a way, but difficult for the family to witness. He has very little short term memory. We had 18 family/friends show up with gifts and best wishes. Lots of pics taken and lots of chatter.

This week I have promised myself I will get back to serious quilting and to watching my diet. I've been feeding my emotions and that is not a good thing...... lots of 'bad' food.

~Geraldine

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

It looks like everyone had a fun and busy weekend!!

We were going to go out (me and dh)Friday night, but my dd fell asleep at 6pm, so we just stayed home. Which was nice, because it got to work on one of my hand applique blocks!!

We stayed home most of Saturday and I was able to do a little bit more quilting, but not much. I don't know where the laundry kept coming from, but I did a lot of it! We went to the drive-in movie Saturday night. It was a beautiful evening but we all fell asleep before the end of the second movie (I knew I would!!).

We celebrated my MIL's 90th birthday with family on Sunday. Then did a little grocery shopping, exercise and got the kids ready for school. The first day of school is today! They were very excited this morning.

Busy afternoon with kids activities today, so I have my hand work all packed up to work on while they are at tumbling and karate.

Whew!! I'm tired.....

Robbi

• msmeow
    12 years ago

I had some outpatient surgery Fri. morning, so took it easy the rest of the day...napped, read, napped, got hubby to pick up dinner... :)

Sat. I spent all day working on his BD quilt. The center is done and I got the first 2 borders on (there are 5 total) but am not happy with the alignment so will probably take them off and redo them next time I can work on it.

Sun. I made my Aug. Civil War BOM and we just generally took it easy. Went to Friendly's for dinner & ice cream. And I crocheted quite a bit on a baby blanket for a coworker.

Next weekend is garage and closet cleaning! I can't wait! :O

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I made deviled eggs and potato salad for my nephew's home visit Saturday and went to his party Saturday night. I ate far too much!! Sunday I made about 10 dozen BBQ meatballs for a country wedding reception coming up. I did not get a chance to quilt at all but I did work on an afghan I am crocheting for a November birthday gift. I hope all of the ill are feeling better soon. I just wish we would get cooler weather, we are getting no rain and my plants look terrible.
    Rosa

• downsouth
    12 years ago

I made a play quilt (for the floor) for my grandson who is due Sept. 15th. Whipped it up Friday night and took it to the baby shower on Saturday, lol! Used fabric from my stash. First time I have ever done anything that quick!

Also made two small quilted door hangers for a dear quilting cyber friend who has Stage 4 cancer. She has been given 3 months to live.

Dee

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery