Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

Put the boarders on today

nanajayne
15 years ago

This is one of the quilts I have been working on called "Shadow Play" A take off on the ocean wave pattern. Put the boarder on today and I am trying to decide if I am able to MQ it. Still debating. It's not my best work but DD likes it. Jayne

Comments (22)

• calliope
    15 years ago

It's quite striking and I like it VERY much. What kind of border did you decide on?

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The boarder is piece to match the rest of the quilt. The pattern came from the Aug. Am. Patchwork and Quilting. The colors are greens, purples, and tans. Which I took mainly from my stash. The backing I have is a full green paisley and I plan on a purple binding. My DD liked and so I tried. Too many triangles for me. Not my best. I am glad you like it. I am trying to decide if I am capable of MQ it. Jayne

• carolek
    15 years ago

Love the pattern, Jayne, and the colors. You are right, a lot of triangles, but it looks classy.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    15 years ago

That's really pretty, Jayne.

SharonG/FL

• calliope
    15 years ago

I just noticed that the smaller triangles (geese?) match the larger one they lay outside of. I love to see patterns within patterns. It makes for a very interesting piece. I also think the tans warm up the purple/green combination. I love both of those shades, but sometimes purple/green can be too striking, and the tans help them to make a very pleasing transition.

I'd be proud to turn out a piece like that. sigh. Maybe someday. ;-)

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

The quilt on my bed is in the same block but is called something else that I can't place my brain cells on at the moment. Did you constantly fight with the wonky half square triangle strip? I sure did and it drove me nuts, but I persevered and made a king size. I love your colors!

Rebecca

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

It's very pretty. I like the color combo.

• wanda_va
    15 years ago

Striking!!! You did a beautiful job and I love the fabrics. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

• fran1523
    15 years ago

That is lovely. Looks awfully big to machine quilt, but you may be more persistent than I am.

• athomesewing
    15 years ago

I love the colors and will be anxious to see it with the borders.

Connie

• toolgranny
    15 years ago

That pattern in those colors is truly striking. I think I'll add it to "my list".
    Linda

• anitastitch
    15 years ago

That's a really pretty quilt nanajayne. I think that deciding on how to quilt my quilt tops is the hardest part. First, having to decide on machine or by hand, then how to go from there. I guess that explains why I have so many battingless quilts!

• solstice98
    15 years ago

beautiful!

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

Very impressive!! It's so satisfying to successfully complete a challenging top.

Bonnie

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the quilt is a take off on the Ocean Wave pattern, someone in the BD group asked for that.
    As to boarders they are on. The 6 1/2" blocks on the outer edge make the board. If I were better at accurate cutting the pattern wouldn't be all that hard. I am leaning towards having it quilted as it isn't for me. Thank you all for your support. Jayne

• marcia_m
    15 years ago

Very nice! What color binding have you chosen? I think a dark one would be striking--purple or blue, maybe?

• day2day
    15 years ago

It is a wonderful quilt.I like it.Those dreaded HSTs can get you down. Glad you persevered. TFS.
    ~Geraldine

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I plan on using a deep purple for the binding. I have a dark green paisley for the back.

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

Beautifully colored & really nice value placement. I can't wait to see it w/ borders & binding. Great work!!!

• redpenny
    15 years ago

I love the colors.............

• bozogardener
    15 years ago

This is a gorgeous quilt! I love the color placement. I love how the colors move your eyes around the quilt.

Tamie

• nana24
    15 years ago

This top is very pretty. I think it will make a beautiful quilt.
    Sometimes we have to get away from the work and stress for a while to truly enjoy the finished product.
    You did good!

TFS
    Sally

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths