Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
working on last 2 minis for guild

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 20:53

Well, I'd hoped to finish my last 2 minis today, but I only got one top made. Making HSTs with scraps is time consuming! Lots of trimming, sewing, squaring, etc.

Anyway, this top is 12" square. Each eccentric star block is 3", so the HSTs are 1" square. That's about as mini as I want to go!

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: working on last 2 minis for guild

You are The Mini Master!

o

Love that border print.
I admire anyone who does minis. I don't think I would be very good at it and you obviously are. Great work.
Theresa

o

Very nice! I like your design.

o

Nicely done! ...1" HST...yeah...that's about as small as i would want to try as well!
V.

o

Very pretty! Good job! I know how much work goes into a mini!

THX,
Gwen

o

Donna I think your mini is beautiful and I like how you used a large print pattern for the border. I have not made a mini quilt yet but is on my future quilting to do list, I think it might be a fun project to make for a Barbie doll quilt for my great-niece to play with. TFS!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Wow you are the Queen of Minis!!
I have Thangles to make 3/4 HSTs and did make a few for a class I did but the rest of the package remains unused at this point!

Very pretty!

Mary

o

A beautiful job. Hard to tell if you don't know the dimensions that it's a mini, especially with the big border print.

o

They are done! Woohoo! Just in time for guild meeting tomorrow night.

Eccentric star, 12" square:
Photobucket

And several of you have made Dutchman's Puzzle and you inspired me! It's 10-1/2" square:
Photobucket

Donna

o

Wow, Donna, I can't believe how small those blocks are! Nice work on such tiny pieces.

What does your guild do with the minis the members have made? Lois

o

Lois, we have a silent auction of the minis at our quilt show, which is coming up next Feb. Our show is 2 days, and they would like to have 100 to auction each day, so the lady in charge of the silent auction challenged guild members to make one mini a month this year. These are my last 2! :)

Donna

o

Your guild should be successful w/ your mini's...well done!
V.

o

And I thoughtI liked the first one, lovvvve the second. Such pretty colors. When I made the two blocks for the lotto I stitched the extra triangle at the same time. don't know if that's mini enough for a mini quilt, but might try it.

o

Your minis are awesome! And Congrats on meeting your Goal.

This could be a great fundraiser for the Guild~hope it does well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here