Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Inn-Spire+ formable fusible

K8Orlando
11 years ago

Have you used this formable Inn-spire?

I saw a leaf bowl made with it and had to give it a try. It's fun and makes a pretty nice bowl!

Kate

Comments (9)

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

No, but tell me more......I was thinking retreat......

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm pretty sure this bowl will be the exchange gift I'm bringing to Retreat but I'm not sure I can part with it! I may have to make another before the trip.

Picture later.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OK, here it is. Picture doesn't really show how dimensional it is. Maybe I can do a better one in daylight. I used batik strips in fall colors.

• beth7happy
    11 years ago

where does one find Inn-Spire???? That is sooo cool, Kate!

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Quilt shops or on-line. I'm sure The Quilt Place near you has it, Beth. Ask for "Inn-Spire Plus".

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

"I'm pretty sure this bowl will be the exchange gift I'm bringing to Retreat" shush!! You're not suppose to tell us!!!!! I was thinking this would make a great workshop at Retreat!!!

It is very pretty - what Pattern/book did you use?

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Well that's just way cool...nicely done.
    V

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Scroll down and watch the You Tube for edge treatments -- very cool!
    Bad Kate!!!! Too many ideas!

Here is a link that might be useful: Leaf Bowl

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    11 years ago

- I didn't have a pattern; this is a simple leaf without serations. You could make it anything you want: any leaf, flower, box, animal, wing!
    - I didn't think to look for a youtube demo! (doh!)
    - I finished the edges with a satin stitch
    - I didn't do any quilting, fancy stitching or thread painting on this one but I will next time
    - I KNOW I'm not supposed to tell what the retreat gift is! That's why I didn't post a picture right away. But then I got caught up in the sharing thing and had to post the image. LOL