Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Aug. 15-17

lindaoh_gw
9 years ago

I won't be sewing this weekend. Our DS is coming with his family and will be here all weekend. Now that we are close to our DD, we will all be together. Our DSIL got a new job and has to fly to Texas for a week of training, leaving on Sunday afternoon. I'm glad we will be nearby for DD and granddaughter. Samantha cut her first tooth this week and has not been sleeping very well.
I did work on unpacking my sewing room this week but have a lot more to do. I am able to sew and still am working on the curtains. I have had too many interruptions to complete them. Maybe next week???
Are you sewing or quilting this week?
Linda OH

Comments (15)

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

I'm working on my Retreat Challenge. If I could walk away from the baseball game, I might get the quilting finished.

I want this done so I can get on to quilting & finishing a few more!

Tomorrow I head to the farm for fresh veggies, so may be tied up with canning for the next few days. Must quilt tonight~

• nannykins
    9 years ago

I am doing the hand sewing of bindings on two quilts which were finished this week. Two down, four to go. And now I don't know whether to call them UFO's or WIP's or AF's (almost finished)
    Theresa

• jackier123
    9 years ago

My husband will be on the golf course all day tomorrow, so that means I can sew all day!

Jackie

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

I don't think I'll be sewing although I have the quilting to do on a finished top. Too much housework and yardwork to do. There's a big estate auction tomorrow morning across the street at the home of my elderly neighbor Hisako who passed away recently. Expecting pandemonium from dawn to whenever they finish. They can't find her relatives - all are still in Japan and our emails have gone unanswered - so the attorney as executor of her will is selling everything including the house. Funds will be banked and held until they can finally locate her nephew. It's a mess. And very sad.

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Kate, I remember you speaking of that neighbor ... How sad, I do hope they are able to track down the family...

Jackie, I love it when my DH goes off to golf! He works out of our home, so it's really nice when he is out golfing and I have the place to my happy sewing self!

I will be sewing at some point this weekend. The weather is so perfect though, I may be playing in the garden till the sunset! Gorgeous nite, actually went to the local carnival and took a Ferris wheel ride....little bit shaky at the top ...

This post was edited by littlehelen on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 23:10

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

So far I completed the top piecing on the Circles and Curves quilt from a class I took on Wednesday. Now I have to decide where the circles go, but the hole (Yikes!) and insert the circles. While I'm pondering that I have to get the binding cut and sewn onto the finished quilt for my son.
    If I finish all that I have a comfort quilt to complete for the guild.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I just finished cutting the binding for my parents' quilt and will start sewing it on this weekend. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

• loisflan
    9 years ago

I've done 90 of the 272 blocks I need for my nephew's quilt, I'm strip piecing six at a time from the WOF. My sister is coming to visit in two weeks, and I'd love to have them done by then so she can participate in the layout. She paid for the fabric and washed and ironed it all. She really wants to be a part of the process, so I'm trying to get them done so she can help lay them out. We're meeting friends for dinner tonight, but I may sew until then. It's really hot and muggy outside today, so it's a good day to be inside.

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

Well, I just came home from the farm with 6+ dozen ears of corn and a 10# box of green beans. Also have 4 squashes. Guess I'll be busy canning for awhile~ !

• wanda_va
    9 years ago

Lois, I can't wait to see the finished quilt--the blocks are such beautiful colors!

I'm working on a king-sized quilt for my brother. Started the quilting today.

• vacuumfreak
    9 years ago

Wanda, I love it!

I'm working on homework for quilt class... borders for the table runner! I'm having lots of fun! I never got to use a sewing machine for homework when I was in school... well there was that one time I ran out of staples and used my machine to attach my homework papers together... I thought I was being clever, but Mrs. Higgins (the 9th grade history teacher) nearly rang my neck, so I never did it again! :-D

I'm the only student in the class so the teacher is giving me lots of attention and making sure I do everything right! Too bad she didn't come home with me because I just messed up and only caught one layer of fabric on the top border... smack dab in the middle, so I got to rip :-\

Still, the nicest looking thing I've ever made and the next step is quilting!

Why does the GardenWeb picture uploader turn things sideways for no reason?

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Wanda...just love that pattern...any blocks framed with black are sooo dramatic, very pretty. Please share a pic when you are finished, I'd love to see it.

Bobby...no answer about the pic loader, but I do like your table runner! As a kid we'd didn't want one on one attention from a teacher, boy things change when we're adults... Lucky you, enjoy!

I FMQ my nieces quilt yesterday, still working on it today. I hope to finish it this week. I'm sold on spray basting. I spray basted this quilt, FMQ about 40% of it and decided I did not like it, ripped most of it out and started FMQ again...the sandwiching is still together and mostly taunt, there's a spot or two where it could have been tighter, but generally it's great considering what I have put this fabric through!
    V.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Hello, all - we are back from our trip to Richmond, Williamsburg and DC. We've unpacked and done a few other chores, and are ready to settle in for what will hopefully be our last night w/o air conditioning.

I don't remember if I posted that the A/C croaked on Thursday before we left on Saturday. We were able to make quick plans to board the kitties at the vet's office, and have made arrangements with our A/C guy to install the new unit tomorrow.

It's strange being here with no kitties! But we couldn't leave them in a closed up house without air conditioning. It's 87 now at nearly 10 pm.

We had a great time visiting with our friends and my sister! Our friends' son is our godson. I made a quilt for him when he was really young (3 or 4 years old) and his mom says he still uses it! We were looking at quilts in a museum at Colonial Williamsburg when she told me that. He's starting his junior year of high school soon, so I told her maybe I'll make him another quilt for HS graduation. At least I don't have to rush! LOL

Donna

• polardream
    9 years ago

No quilting here this weekend. We spent most of the weekend downtown at a free music festival - we saw Big Head Todd and the Monsters Friday night, Pat Benetar Saturday night and War tonight. Those were the headliners - but there were over 80 other music groups all from Colorado, so that was loads of fun. My feet are exhausted! Still waiting on my Pfaff from its tune up!

Wanda, Love the quilt!
    Sue

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

I just finished hand-sewing the binding on my parents' Card Tricks quilt this afternoon, took 3 days. Now I am starting to quilt the middle 6" of border on all 4 sides of the quilt, doing diagonal lines, forest green thread on forest green fabric. If I have time I may go back and make criss-cross lines going the opposite way. I still have a baby quilt to finish for my cousin's wife before Christmas, baby is due in September, so hoping I can have their baby quilt done by Christmas, if it's any later than Christmas I am going to feel really bad. I never have hard and fast deadlines for the quilts I make, but that's part of what makes it enjoyable.

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH