Posted by karpet (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 19:10

A couple years ago I learned of a simple personality test:
Square
Circle
Triangle
Squiggle Line
What are you/what appeals to you most?

It made me wonder if that applies to what quilt patterns you are drawn to the most. For awhile, I've been planning on making a Dresden Plate quilt for a family member, but realized that I think they prefer square/straight lines. I'm the one that likes curved! What do you think, does your personality type match what pattern of quilt you are drawn to?

Karlene

This is the source I heard of the test from

Here is a link that might be useful: Connie Podesta personality test

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: qotd 8-14-13

I guess I have to pick square but my favorite shape is the heart as it is both circle and half sq.

o

I guess I would say the square, right angles suit me in quilting, but I do love curves as well...yet I've not master one in so far as quilting is concerned.
V.

o

Mostly squares and triangles. Circles and squiggles, not so much. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

Hey, you can do the 'easy' Dresden Plate and it would satisfy their desire for straight lines. It's a snap to make as well. One of my earlier quilts and I worked 'squares' into it between the plates. Pardon the picture..........I just sneaked into the totally dark living room and pointed the camera in the general direction of the bench over which it was hanging.

o

The test works for me. Definitely prefer squiggles in the shape world and the quilting world. The personality description comes pretty close too!

o

Calliope, that's a very "unround" Dresden plate! LOL I like it very much.

I guess I'm a square with maybe slightly rounded corners. :) Though my quilts are mostly straight lines, with an occasional fling like a floral applique or something.

Donna

o

I am definitely squares and triangles. I don't do anything round unless I can applique it. Nice post Karlene.

Best to you,
Sandra

This post was edited by quiltingfox on Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 12:14

o

I like to work with triangles and squares too but I'm a circle. I am in constant movement. If I'm sitting I'm still doing something. When I read the profile yes that's me.
Darlene

o

Definitely square for me. I need symmetry and straight lines and balance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here