Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
44 hour and it is DONE!!!

Posted by wynative (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 18:31

On Thursday @ 5:00 pm a friend called to say that there was a baby shower for my ex-boss on Sunday @ 2:00 pm and would I please come and take pictures for her. I do not show up empty handed and didn't have any baby girl stuff made and no money to purchase anything.

Saturday @ 1:47 pm this is what I am giving her :)
Love this one!
45" x 60" with purple fleece backing.

I love how this one turned out! Anyone else have something that they made in a limited time? Please show it off!

Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 44 hour and it is DONE!!!

That turned out great, Marie! Is it machine quilted? or tied?

Here is a baby quilt I made in a weekend:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I remember feeling very pleased that I could get it done so quickly. The quilting was probably in the ditch and far apart!

Teresa

o

Very pretty Teresa! Great colors for a baby :)

Mine is machine quilted - stitch in the ditch. It is all I feel safe doing myself on my little machine LOL I don't tie any of my peice quilts - they fall apart in the first wash if I do. . . I think it is because I use 1/4" seams. Is there a secret to being able to tie them?? Please share!

Marie

o

Those are both lovely! Very lucky ladies & babies receiving those! :) I know I've always loved & appreciated every handmade blanket I've received for my babies.

I usually tie all my smaller quilts. I don't know any secrets, but I usually only stitch along the inside of the border (around the blocks), and then tie every 3-6", depending on the size of the quilt. I've never had one come apart. Maybe I've just been lucky! :)

Melissa

o

I remember Eleanor Burns saying to use surgeon's knots. All it is is going through twice when tying the first turn. I don't think that is very clear........maybe Google it?

o

Marie - I love the colors on that quilt.
Teresa - I really like that block - seems like that was a pattern from the block lotto that I wanted to win so badly! Both quilts are great!
Sue

o

When tying a quilt I use what we here call a "boy scout knot". I think it's called a "square knot" in the real world? It's the same knot we taught our kids to tie their shoes with. Never had one come undone!!
Bon
:)

o

They are both lovely.
Congrats on getting them done so quickly. I am simply no good under pressure..it stresses me too much.

~Geraldine

o

Marie-wow! Imagine what you would have made if you had more time??? This is beautiful, and the colors are gorgeous together.

Teresa- I've always liked that pattern. Good idea for a quick baby quilt. Love your border treatment.

o

thanks ladies! I plan to make a 3-D pinwheel for my granddaughter for Christmas. Since I start back to school on the 30th, it is nice to know that I can get one done is such short time LOL

Marie

o

I don't tie any of my quilts. I like the quilting so that's probably why I choose that instead of ties.

Those quilts are both beautiful! I make a lot of mine in a pretty short time, and then of course I have the ones I've been working on for years. It seems like I get inspired once in a while and once I start sewing I can't stop.

This Disappearing 9 Patch was a 3 day quilt, start to finish.

Kate

o

You guys are amazing!! I don't think I could make anything that quickly. And to be beautiful, too :-)

Robbi

o

Yup. I did this one in a weekend too. Had the outfit already and just mimicked (sp?) the pattern onto the quilt, scanned and enlarged the applique from the outfit and added it to the quilt, backed it in fleece and stitched in the ditch for the quilting. It turned out quite cute and they loved it.

Weekend quilt

o

Congrats Marie - your quilt is stunning!

This is a fun post, I love everyone's quick quilts. I wish I could show a picture of one of my quilts, but alas, my quilts are measured in months or years, not days... let alone hours! I'm IMPRESSED!

o

Kate - love the colors you chose! Beautiful :)

vanislegirl88 - Oh My Goodness! That is adorable :) I plan to do something similar - the theme for the shower was 'Sweet Pea' and I saved a napkin with plan's to applique them on a little quilt.

Marie

o

Made these two boy quilts for Project Linus. Both go together fast and look cute.

Baby bears using free pattern from Quilts for kids
(http://www.quiltsforkids.org/patterns/32/four-patch-quilt-pattern/)

baby bears

Little kid pirates modifying pattern using 4 quarter yard pieces and inner border from here:

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/baby-quilts/strips-and-sashing_1.html

baby pirates

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here