Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Shannon's Sweet Talk

loisflan
9 years ago

My niece is getting married next January, so I asked her mom if she thought they'd like a quilt as a wedding gift. Her mom said absolutely "yes." I asked what colors and traditional or modern. The answer was "modern and in the eight colors of the smallest color crayon box." This is what I came up with. The pattern is Ringle & Kerr's design from "Transparency Quilts." Now I just have to find a backing fabric. I choose the medium orange print for the binding, but that's subject to change depending on the backing I find.

I'm debating whether or not to quilt it myself. I've got a few months before the wedding, so maybe I can perfect my FMQ skills by then.

The colors of the quilt are so much more vibrant in person. And the fabrics are all prints or tone-on-tones. Many of them look like solids in the photo.

Comments (16)

• jackier123
    9 years ago

That is so cute! I love quilts made with primary colors.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    9 years ago

That looks great, Lois! You certainly hit the requirements of Modern and Crayons. :-)

SharonG/FL-IN

• calliope
    9 years ago

You did well with that inspiration. I am not into modern but this one appeals.

• lindaoh_gw
    9 years ago

Wonderful quilt!

• jennifer_in_va
    9 years ago

great design, and great use of value! It's sure to be treasured!

• FlamingO in AR
    9 years ago

Oh, very nice, I like this a lot. They will be thrilled to get this!

• littlehelen_gw
    9 years ago

Really well done... I'm partial to the modern quilts and do especially like Weeks/Ringle!
    V.

• msmeow
    9 years ago

Very nice, Lois! I know she will love it.

Donna

• quiltnhen
    9 years ago

Wow! It's wonderful. Now there's yet another "hope I get to it" pattern to pursue. Bet they'll love it.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltingfox
    9 years ago

Aw that looks great! I like it's simplicity.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• new2quilting
    9 years ago

A lot of modern quilts have close, parallel straight line quilting. I could see diagonal lines on the angles of the squares looking cool, if you're worried about FMQ. Very pretty quilt and I like the basic colors.

• toolgranny
    9 years ago

I see straight lines and crosshatching. Looks like a winner to me.

• beth7happy
    9 years ago

Love it! It looks so crispy-clean!! Uncluttered.

• bee0hio
    9 years ago

Very nice! She will love it!

• bev2009
    9 years ago

It's so clean and crisp looking. You did a wonderful job on color selection. It really looks like the dark is peeking through the light color.

• magothyrivergirl
    9 years ago

Perfect! She will be so surprised! I love your choices. Very Modern!

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz