Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bless a quilter contest - for fun!

Posted by karpet (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 18:18

I came across some fabric last weekend that only another quilter would appreciate and I've been trying to think of how to use it. Sooo, how about a contest! If you know a fellow quilter who could use a pick-me-up, or a giggle, send me their story. I will post all the stories (w/o names) on here and the forum can vote. Which ever one gets the most votes, I'll send the silly quilty fabric too. Kind of a way to give a fabric pat-on-the-back to someone. What do you think? Anyone game? You can 'nominate' any quilter as long as you have their mailing address for me to send the fabric to.
Karlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bless a quilter contest - for fun!

Here is a link to the silly quilty fabric.
Karlene

Here is a link that might be useful: silly/quilty fabric

o

Off the top of my head I'm thinking a large section of the fabric surrounded by a variety of traditional quilt blocks in coordinating colors. You know, Ohio Star, Churn Dash, Broken Dishes... Then backing & binding w/ the silly/quilty fabric also. With the fabric being so whimsical & the pics/sayings so special, cutting it up would be tragic IMO.
I'll keep 'pondering' this challenge while the plumber is here & I can't sew :( Sewing room just too far away from where he is working, & I can't hear his questions/comments!

o

karpet,

Does the quilter need to belong to this board? Or can it be anyone who is a quilter that we know?

I think this is a fun idea and I LOVE it! Have a couple stories brewing in my brain right now ...

Odessa

o

ANY QUILTER! I've found that quilters are very generous, and I thought maybe you know one who is always making things for someone else, or someone who has encouraged and mentored other quilters, or someone who lost all their stash due to a natural disaster, or - well, that's what the stories are for! I have over 3 yds of this fabric, and it just seems to need to go to a quilter. I was afraid no one thought this was a good idea. Would it help if we set a date to submit your 'nomination' by?
Karlene

o

Yes, let's post a closing date for nominations ... I know of a couple of people who would enjoy this, but wanted to make sure that it wouldn't step on toes to have them be from somewhere else.

Odessa

o

I will be off-line for awhile, but nominations can be emailed to me. How about we close nominations by 9/22, and then I will post the stories (names removed) and the forum can vote till 9/29. Then the fabric can go in the mail for the winner by the 30th.
Karlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here