Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

A different casserole carrier

K8Orlando
9 years ago

I saw a video on facebook of this casserole carrier. No instructions but it's such a simple design I had to give it a try. All you need is two complimentary fabrics about 26" x 26", some batting, a couple metal rings (I used 2" because that's all I could find but it would work better with big 4" rings), and a 4"wide by about 30" long piece of contrasting fabric for the inside strap. A thermal batting would be best but not required.

Wish I could post the video here but I can't seem to grab the link. Can't even share it on my fb page. Can't find it on youtube either. You'll have to settle for seeing my finished version of the carrier!

The strap gets sewn on the inside, just sewn on the ends of the straps, about 3" in from the corners. You put the dish under the strap and pull the strap through rings you've sewn into the opposite corners. To sew in the rings, just fold the corners over and tack them down. I added big buttons just for decoration. When you lift the strap up, all four corners come up to cradle the dish. It took less than an hour start to finish. Add a pretty dish and a serving spoon and this would be a great housewarming gift!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz