Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tutorials

Posted by buteau3rd (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 12, 11 at 17:53

Has anyone ever found a way to watch a tutorial without all the pauses? They get me crazy before I even get the gist of what they are showing.
Impatient Marge

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tutorials

Start it playing, then walk away until it plays all the way through (with all the pauses). Then come back and replay it. Once it's loaded it should play through for you without pausing.

Second option: get a high speed line.

Kate

o

Kate's right, that pausing has to do with the speed of your input. Just be patient.

o

On one of my older computers, I find closing all other programs & windows - deleting the cookies and cache & sometimes even restarting the computer helps. I am on Fios - very fast - but the older computer's memory contributes to the problem. It helped when I increased the memory, but now it is maxed out.
It is frustrating! Some are worse than others.

o

We have a network in the house and DH's was an older computer, but the main one. I quit even trying to watch the videos. His computer finally broke (thank goodness lol!!!!) and now he has Windows 7. I have XP and now I can watch them but some will freeze, nothing as bad as before. On his no probs at all!!!!!
Rosa

o

magothyrivergirl....Your suggestion helped so much.....although my computer is less than a year old, it must be my wifi. I did clean it up though, and it did help.

o

I am glad I helped! Sometimes it takes a non - technie to suggest the simple stuff -lol.
When I first got my Mac - I had no idea I needed to do those two things regularly. You will be amazed how much it helps clearing the cache & cookies daily.
I also suggest you check your internet speed and make sure you are getting close to the downloads & uploads speeds you are paying for. I've linked to one below - there are others free to use as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Speedtest

o

I have wifi in my house and when my connection speed seems too slow, I will reset my router. To simply do that is to unplug the power supply to the back and wait around 10 seconds, then plug it back in and let it reset itself. Walla! Fast internet again!

Rebecca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here