Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krissie55

a huge challenge for quilters.....

krissie55
11 years ago

Our charity quilt group has hundreds of shirt pockets in various prints. Top of pocket is a little wider than the bottom, plus the "V" shape at bottom.

The CHALLENGE is to find a way to sew pockets together without cutting all the same size before sewing. Trim off excess after sewing together and hope they end up in a straight line.

Would it be possible to sew pocket top side to pocket bottom side and keep alternating. If it ended up looking like a snake's trail would there be a way to sew strips together so they are flat. I am thinking way out of the box on this one!!

I would like to make pocket strips in maybe 6 same print and then mix them up in a quilt top.

In the past I cut pockets into 5" squares and it took oodles of time to do especially for so many.

We have 4 file drawers stashed full of pockets. Amazing how many pockets those file drawers can hold!!

The pockets are from a scrubs uniform manufacturer, beautiful fabric.

No one will work with pockets other than me and I cannot see wasting the pocket fabric. I could give them to the local city charities to sell as scraps for a few pennies, but I much prefer finding a simple way to make the pockets into quilts to keep those in need warm.

I welcome all suggestions, even if you tell me I am insane!!

Krissie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery