Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

You are invited...

dan_the_mailman
11 years ago

Hey everyone! Over on the round robin forum, the Seeds-n-Stitches group (hosted by moi and Linda Ruzicka) is looking for some input for our 2013 swaps. We've decided to make blocks which can be put together at the end of 2013 to make a village/house quilt. Right now we're working on making a list of ideas about what to put into the quilt, ie. houses, parks, stores, etc, and it would be great if you could give us some input. It would be even greater if you joined us sometime in 2013 and swapped blocks with us! Each month we'll be making two 15"-squared when finished blocks, one to keep and one to swap. At the end of 2013, everyone who has participated for the whole year will wind up with 24 blocks with which to make a quilt approximately 65"x95"!

Comments (6)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anyone with a good record here on the GW is welcome to join us, whether it be for one swap, or all year long. In the meantime, we'll be having more monthly swaps this year if you'd like to dip your toe in the water...lol! Here's the link to the thread where you can leave your input. Hope to see you there!
    -Dan
    ===========================================================

And, before anyone leaves a comment about this NOT being a swapping forum,, which unfortunately does happen from time to time, let me just say this.
    I'm posting this HERE on THIS FORUM because there are a lot of great quilters here in this forum, and I believe this is a great idea. I'm posting this here because I want them all to know about what is going on elsewhere. So, if you've got a negative comment, please leave it in your head and not here on this thread. If you have positive comments, please feel free to leave them here within this thread.
    Thanks Everyone!
    (we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming)

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here to check it out

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

Just a reminder: After you first asked about swaps on this forum in November 2011 we petitioned GardenWeb to set up an Exchange page for swapping and they did it. You were also encouraged to post notices here on the main page about any swaps, either those held on the other forum or on the Exchange page on this forum. Nothing negative intended or implied!

Kate

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate, I know you're not being negative...lol! You're like me, you like to explain things and make sure people know what exactly is going on, and I appreciate that immensely!
    I didn't put this on the exchange page because I wanted my friends here on this forum to know what was up. I don't go to the exchange page often enough to know who tends to hang out there. But, I know people here I'd like to see dip their toes into the Seeds-n-Stitches pool...lol!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Dan, I think it's a great idea and I've been wanting to make a quilt depicting a town. I know I can't commit for a year, but I'll keep tabs on it month by month and see what transpires. I think it helps to have an example like our monthly lotto blocks.....some of us are not able to start with a blank slate without an idea or two. Thanks for the invite.

SharonG/FL-IN

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

THX for the invite! If I weren't so over "committed" , and feeling over "committed" I would do a block or two.

This is a great and welcoming forum.

Gwen

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sharon and Gwen, I'll post another invite closer to January when I've got more details ironed out. There are a lot of great ideas being suggested, and I can see this becoming a reversible quilt, one side being rural and the flipside being more urban in orientation...lol!

Anyone and Everyone is welcome to join in on the Seeds-n-Stitches shenanigans if they'd like to do so. If you've only time for one or two months, that's fine! You're more than welcome to play as many or as few times as you'd like. And, don't forget, these threads tend to stay around awhile, so you can always go back and do the various blocks at your convenience. More than anything, HAVE FUN!

See you all in the threads! (is there a pun in that statement? lol)

-Dan

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!