Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friend's Art quilt show

Posted by quiltnhen (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 24, 12 at 17:08

My friend Anna Mae has moved from traditional to the art quilt. For years now she's been taking classes to learn to dye fabric and computer classes for manipulating photos and putting them on cloth. The lighthouse, the owl and the purple leaves are last years. The others are in the current show.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friend's Art quilt show

Does anyone know how to download multiple images with this system? I'd like to post the other 5, but hate to make 5 more posts!

o

Although GW now lets us easily load a photo, for multiple you would still post them to a site like Photobucket and could then paste all five into one message. It's still a lot of work and you've done the same thing but it just lets it all sit in one message that way.

She does nice work and seems to be close to me from the subjects I see.

o

Monterey County where we both taught special ed. together.

o

I'm up near Walnut Creek.

o

You can post multiple images in the same thread by posting a follow-up to your original message and changing the 'Subject of Posting' line....either by making an extra space or typing something different.

Although Art Quilt isn't my style, I can see the work and dedication it takes.

SharonG/FL-IN

o

How big are her quilts?
They are amazing and I appreciate your time and efforts to post the pictures - thank you very much!
Her subjects are very interesting & Linda recognized the area! Very cool.
Her work is beautiful.

o

Amazing what the artist's eye sees...beautiful work.

You both must have been awesome teachers together!

Thx for posting...it was like visiting an art/quilt show!
Gwen in Orl

o

I think the biggest are about three feet across. The owl was smaller since he's a blow up of one of her photos and the background is manipulated feathers.

o

I'm not an art quilt fan, but I still thought they were amazing, especially the owl. She has a very creative eye, and they're lovely. It's nice she can have a show to share them, they're much nicer than the traveling art quilt show at our local libary last summer.

o

Love it!

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here