Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have scraps-Thank you Teresa!

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 11 at 16:54

I received a box of scraps yesterday from Teresa. It is a little like looking at her sewing life thru a peephole :)

She included novelties, juvenile, plaids, stripes, Christmas,
a couple of batiks, lots of strips, florals, paisleys, polka dots, dogs, butterflies, frogs, dragonflies, cows, chickens--well, you get the picture.
I started trying to organize it a bit -now...I just have different piles of scraps. I will put most into their new home in a plastic bin, the obvious will join my other meager stash kinda, sorter separated.
I've been collecting my own stings to start a scrappy string quilt - now I have a big enough variety.

I would also like to make a few kids charity quilts this coming year. Our Guild dresses bears & includes a child's size quilt with each bear at Christmas for the local Salvation Army. I'll use alot for this.

I'm like a kid in a candy store!
Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have scraps-Thank you Teresa!

You are very welcome!

o

A bear with a matching quilt, how sweet!!!!

o

That Teresa is a special kind of gal! I've already been using some of what she sent me......have forgotten all about my August goals!

SharonG/FL

o

I too, got one of Teresa's boxes and it has been so much fun seeing all these fabrics...not a one of which I already had. But it's also enabling--as I look at each piece I'm thinking "that would look great with....." or "this would make a cute....." I'm afraid my to-do list has grown by leaps and bounds! But thank you very much all the same, Teresa.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here