Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another finish

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 7, 13 at 16:51

Well, I got this banner top out of time out last weekend and gritted my teeth and finished it. I had a heck of a time quilting it! Machines balked at quilting the applique through the fusible, then I got puckers when I tried to stipple the background on the frame. So I frog-stitched the stippling I had done (not much, thankfully) and stitched in the ditch around the narrow border and called it done.

This was a kit I picked up several years ago at a quilt show. I swapped out 4 or 5 of the fat eighths for fabric in my stash - they had put a few stripes in with all those near-solids.

banner done photo bannerdone_zpsfcee43e5.jpg

Close up of the top and bottom:

banner top photo bannertop_zps44667231.jpg

banner lower photo bannerbottom_zpsc7bfed22.jpg

I'm going to hang it in my dull gray office at work.

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another finish

That is just lovely. The colors are amazing. I don't want to hear about all the fuss quilting since it doesn't show at all. You did a good job.

o

Oh, how that is going to POP off a grey wall at work! Nicely done!

o

The colors are perfect for this design...nice work. This will surely brighten your office and make the day happier!
V.

o

Love the cheery colors. They'll keep you thinking light and fun while in your office.

Know how you feel about the fusible problem. Just suffered it myself. If I need to quilt something fusible again I guess I'll do a test piece with really lightweight stuff 1st!
LindaB/CA

o

I love it!
The colors are beautiful and the flowers POP!
I need to try something like this for my 'blah' walk-in area wall.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I love bright colors. This is so cheerful. Nice finish.

o

That would brighten any office! Very nice!

Vicky

o

It's gorgeous! so bright and cheery! You did a fantastic job on the quilting.

I have tried fusible applique twice and it ruined needles both times.
Rosa

o

Very pretty and bright, Donna. Good idea swapping out those striped fabrics. What were they thinking?

o

Thanks, everyone!

Lois, I don't know....probably they were clearing out fat 8ths they didn't want any more. :) It was weird, though...one of the fabrics was supposed to be light pink (according to the pattern) and they put in a turquoise and blue stripe! The others were equally strange.

Donna

o

I think it looks really great and I love the bright colors in it! Congrats on finishing it.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Job well done. Don't see and quilting issues so it was worth the effort. Love the rainbow colors and they will be perfect for you gray background. TFS

o

Very pretty! I love all the bright colors. It will definitely brighten up your office.

Robbi

o

Donna, that is just beautiful! I love the colors :o) I'm sure people will comment on it at the office.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here