Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby quilt

Posted by damascusannie (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 08 at 16:29

I made this baby quilt for our godson's daughter; finished putting the binding on this morning. The fabric is Moda's "Peas and Carrots" and features retro pictures of children at the farm sort of like Dick and Jane. The block is called "Snowball Star." --Annie

alayna's quilt

alayana's quilt detail 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby quilt

That fabric is adorable! It makes a nice, unique baby quilt.

Salijo

o

I really like that star! I'll have to remember it for sometime! Nice quilt!

o

What a great quilt! I like the sashing color.And I wish I could do quilting like that!
~Geraldine

o

What a lovely quilt. It will grow with the baby for quite a while. I love the farm motifs. Your quilting is beautiful.
Jean

o

That is adorable! Great way to use the retro print.

Teresa

o

Vety pretty and beautiful quiltibg!
Red

o

Thanks, everyone! I love the retro fabrics and since the parents both grew up on dairy farms, the fabric just seemed too perfect for Alayna. I'll try to get some pictures of her with it at the shower tomorrow. Until our married daughters get settled and start their families, we have to make-do with grand nieces and nephews!

Annie

o

That is so sweet.

o

Love the fabric! I like the pattern, it realy lends itself to the fabric. I have some Dick and Jane fabric I got a few years ago and couldn't figure how it could be used. I may try your idea. A very cute quilt. Nice job as always.
Jayne

o

SOOOOOO NICE !!!!
Love the fabric!!!
Beautiful colors !!!
Great pattern !!!!
bopeep

o

Love it!
Love the fabric, the pattern, the quilting, the colors.
I like many quilts I see but I don't often wish I had made them; this one I wish I had made.
Love it!!

Kate

o

I love baby quilts and this one is especially nice.
Your quilting is spectacular! I'd just like to watch you do it.

TFS
Sally

o

I love that fabric too plus the snowball star is a great way to show off the images. I like the way you did the fussy cut the blocks and then used that fabric in the border. And the quilting is exquisite!!!!

o

I do have retreats here at my house where I teach FM quilting, among other things. I have an e-newsletter that I send out once a month with my demo and class schedule. Feel free to e-mail me privately if you want to be added to the list. I HOPE this doesn't violate the no-advertising rule!

Annie

o

That is a wonderful quilt. Everything about it is just super.
Nancy

o

This quilt is one of the most charming I have ever seen! Love, the pattern, colors, quilting....everything! Show more of your work on here, please!

o

It's hard to come up with a new feel in baby quilts, but you have done it and quite beautifully. How long has the snowball star been around or is that your design? Carole

o

Snowball Star is a block I invented myself. Then we put out the instructions as a Doodlestein Design pattern for a table topper and table runner. ( "Doodlestein Designs" is a pattern company that I recently started with a friend.) I just took the basic block and made a quilt out of it. I like it because it's pretty, quick, and easy and great for showcasing a fussy-cut focus fabric like this.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here