Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunshine Pineapple quilt top is done!

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 16:07

It was rainy here today, so I got to work on my quilt top. It's done!! Yay!! I'm going to quilt this one myself, so there's still a lot to do, but I thought I'd show you my progress. Thanks for looking. Lois

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunshine Pineapple quilt top is done!

Oh, that's nice! Very striking!

o

That is a stunner!!!
I am looking at the colours and thinking that they are exactly what I am looking for. Second grandson will be marrying soon and bride-to-be is from the Caribbean. So my plan (at this point) is to do something in Carib. colours. These fit the bill.
Are they from a particular line?
Theresa

o

Lois, it's so pretty! I love the border. Can't wait to see it quilted!

Donna

o

Would you mind sharing the pattern you used for this SUnshine Pineapple quilt top. I would be interested in making this quilt if I can get a pattern. Thank you.

o

I love your choice of colors. It is just stunning. I'm also anxious to see it quilted.

o

Very pretty! Reminds me of a happy summer day!

o

Beautiful!!! Thank Goodness for Rainy Days!

I am amazed at how precise & exact each of your pineapples are using Batiks. You did a very nice job!
The color placement in the border is stunning!!

What color / kind of backing are you planning?

I am also anxious to see this completed.

Thanks for showing your progress.

o

Fantastic! I'll bet it was fun working with all those gorgeous batiks. I love how you graded the rainbow colors too. If that's an original you need to teach a class. Again...fantastic!

o

Wow! I love the colors, it truly is sunny! Great quilt. TFS.

o

Oh that border is perfect! You did a great job! The results are stunning!

o

It's gorgeous! The colors are wonderful,it just makes me smile.

o

Lois, the first thing I said when I saw your quilt was "WOW!". Talk about show-stoppers! I'd say you need to be patting yourself on the back for quite a while with this one!
I'm with Dee, can you point us towards the pattern? I want one! Lol!
Dan

o

Incredibly beautiful! Your colors and placement were brilliant. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. TFS

o

Thank you all for your generous responses. I wish I could take credit for the pattern, but Sunshine Pineapple is a creation of Vicki Stratton and can be ordered by contacting her at her website. The fabrics were purchased in Hawaii, but I've seen them on the mainland too. They were not from a collection.

The backing is the orange/blue green floral in this photo. The binding is the dark batik with orange leaves. The colors don't show up very well in this photo.

Thanks again for all your kind comments. I will post a photo when the quilting is complete - which may be a while from now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vicki's website

o

Wow again! So bright and cheerful. The graded colours around the border really catch your eye. Well done
Kristene

o

Very pretty. Makes me wish summer were year around. The bright colors are perfect for the pattern and work so well together. Lovily job and you will have fun quiting it.TFS

o

Fantastic. I remember when you posted a picture from the quilt shop in Maui (I think) and have wondered about it since. It is lovely and the piano key border is just the right finishing touch.
Love it! Gonna search out the pattern myself.

o

Love all those gorgeous batiks, stunning, keep us up on the progress.

o

I love batiks, probably because of the bright colors! Love it!! Those open places will enhance the beaut when quilted, too.

Robbi

o

Lois, That is absolutely gorgeous and I love it! You have a great eye for color placement!

I bought the Welcome Pineapple pattern but haven't done anything with it yet.

SharonG/FL-MI

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical Patterns

o

Sharon, thanks for the link! I ordered 2 patterns just now, Sunshine Pineapple, and Fantasy Fish! They've got a lot of great-looking stuff, and I'm thinking this might be the first of many orders, we'll see!
Isn't it fun to discover a new fabric store, especially one that delivers to your door?

-Dan

o

Lois love your color choices and how you blended them together in this quilt. It's really beautiful!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Lois, Your Pineapple quilt is stunning...Bravo!!! Looking forward to seeing it quilted.
V.

o

Very fetching! The brightness will cheer you as soon as your eyes open!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here